Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Robbed by uefa once again.

1. Clear as day handball, one angle shows it really well and surprise surprise that particular angle wasn’t shown to the official. The other two were.

If the ball hits your hip or stomach, the upper muscle of your arm doesn’t vibrate. It’s elementary. Llorente’s muscle just above the elbow clearly vibrates which means the ball had to strike his arm so handball goal.

2. For me the offside shouldn’t be given. Eriksen plays the ball, Bernardo is defending Eriksen and is facing the opposite direction of Aguero. He touches it and offside is given?? Bernardo didn’t even know where Aguero was, it was unintentional. They are basically saying Aguero is offside from an Eriksen pass...scandal for me.

We gave it our all and were robbed again, we need to bounce back this weekend. There is still all to play for, a domestic treble that’s never been done.

We won the game but lost over two legs on a stupid away goals rule that should also be scrapped along with having the ref view incidents like this to rule on when VAR should do it for him and he just makes the call given to him ala cricket and NFL to name two of many.

If we play with the same intensity again only misfortune will stand in the way,

Happy if the game takes a similar course to what occurred last night on Saturday.

Spurs will be missing Sissoko as well.

The atmosphere last night at the stadium (not just at the start) throughout the whole game was truly magnificent. Then after the fallout of the drama the posts on this this thread showed something similar to the atmosphere -

It showed that we City fans do actually care about wanting to win this competition. My one reserve is this, and it is about the booing. Would the UEFA bigwigs who sit in their suits want a team in a CL final beamed all around the World, and have the anthem at the start booed for all to hear and witness ?? I dont think they would

I honestly believe it is time to put this booing to bed, the atmosphere we created last night, the consistent singing, shouting our team forward and the jeering of the opposition when they had the ball is what is needed now

Many of us said a long time ago that we wouldn’t be “allowed” to win the CL
and we were right

If VAR hadn’t have robbed us tonight, it would have done at a later point, which would have been more painful and more costly

Ecstasy to agony last night at the game. Hugging random fans round me like the Agueroo or Gillingham games. Then devastation. So full of mixed up emotion that I couldn't sleep last night. This is what being a City fan is. Sod the haters saying we don't have a passionate or committed fan base. The highs and lows we've been through.

The atmosphere last night at the stadium (not just at the start) throughout the whole game was truly magnificent. Then after the fallout of the drama the posts on this this thread showed something similar to the atmosphere -

It showed that we City fans do actually care about wanting to win this competition. My one reserve is this, and it is about the booing. Would the UEFA bigwigs who sit in their suits want a team in a CL final beamed all around the World, and have the anthem at the start booed for all to hear and witness ?? I dont think they would

I honestly believe it is time to put this booing to bed, the atmosphere we created last night, the consistent singing, shouting our team forward and the jeering of the opposition when they had the ball is what is needed now
Yes we support our team through thick and thin, but UEFA are a bent organisation that had Platini at it's head do not forget that ever.

I was ok with what happened last night in the stadium until I come out and see the handball. I do t think fans care about the CL they care about City winning, last night bad defending and fucking VAR cost us. I pray to God that Sours put so much into it that Saturday we can beat them, we need to pick the team up because if those scouse bastards win both it’s time to go hide with the rags

I'm obviously confused as to the handball rule?

It undoubtedly hit his arm. It's irrefutable. If you can score from an unintentional hand ball...then it's a goal. If you can't, it should have been ruled out.

What do our resident refs say?

Cheers. That's what I thought, but I was surprised to see so many blues saying it was the right call?

Fu#ked again then. Carry on

It’s because it isn’t a handball under PL rules without VAR as its not deliberate.

UEFA have said that a goal cannot be scored either VAR where the arm is used at all, deliberate or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.