Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Sadly/suspiciously, he wasn't given that angle. He'd have disallowed it if he had & we'd probably be in the SF now

Aguero was offside because Bernardo intercepted Eriksen's pass and it rebounded to Aguero. Right call.
If I’m not mistaken, when they review a call in North American sports the reviewers are given access to the TV camera shots. Like everyone else who watched it on TV and saw the replays it certainly looked to me like a pretty clear handball. Why the VAR adjudicators and referee aren’t given the same camera shots we were all looking at it is mystery. How can they possibly adjudicate on half the evidence?

Didn’t see any “interception.” Was it a deflection?

Anyway, history now. Thanks for clearing it up.

Yep, sadly. Initially I thought it had come off a Spurs player. They should have played in their regular kit. Far less confusing than that green thing they wore.

Hope you're right mate. I can't bring myself to review the VAR decisions. I just don't want to do it. I don't see why Spurs will feel any more shattered than City, indeed mentally they will be exhilarated now. We have to pick ourselves up. That is a very big ask. Win this game, it will say so much about the team. And then take it into the Derby.

It's probably good that we have a big game so soon and it's SPurs rather than a rested side who many would expect us to beat comfortably.

I didn't make myself clear to be fair, we should be able to rotate a few bodies in for Saturday...Sane, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Stones, Mahrez all should be fresh and looking to prove a point.

They've probably lost Sissoko for Saturday along with Kane.

Edit: I've just seen the guys on ESPN and the angle from behind the goal not shown to the ref..Had he seen that I'm certain (as they are) that he'd have disallowed it.

By the sounds of it the team are pissed off and we'll come out firing on Saturday.

Last edited:
we have BEGGED for a Final since I was a child and here we now PL in our hands with the Domestic Treble in our hands and people want to moan!
Not good enough is it! CTID

Fair play to lads if they come out and play a good match after what happened last night. I still feel sick in the stomach.

Lol everyone needs to calm down. No VAR and Peps plan worked to perfection. Take the missed penalties and definsive mistakes as part of the tie as that is football but in the end going out was purely due to a failure in a system which has been employed to reach the correct outcome which is very “typical city”, the performance was not... it was mesmerising at times.

Also worth noting I think our performance and energy levels may have been a result of good squad management which points to the fact that Pep just might actually know what he is doing!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.