Spurs (H) 2nd Leg - Post Match Thread

Just got back home - Norfolk. Disappointed to go out of the competition, but, what a game that was. Privileged to have been there. Cracking game, atmosphere, and drama that only comes with supporting City. The cruel, cruel twist at the end - death by VAR, after we'd yearned for it last season - was incredible. Tears of ecstacy to tears of despair, with no time left to mount another attack.
Now, no voice; no sleep; no beer as I've been driving, so, here's hoping a nice drop of Bells will do the trick.
We won the game guys - same again on Saturday and it's still game on, with plenty to play for.
Cheers!!

Just got back home - Norfolk. Disappointed to go out of the competition, but, what a game that was. Privileged to have been there. Cracking game, atmosphere, and drama that only comes with supporting City. The cruel, cruel twist at the end - death by VAR, after we'd yearned for it last season - was incredible. Tears of ecstacy to tears of despair, with no time left to mount another attack.
Now, no voice; no sleep; no beer as I've been driving, so, here's hoping a nice drop of Bells will do the trick.
We won the game guys - same again on Saturday and it's still game on, with plenty to play for.
Cheers!!

Errrm, no such thing!

In the league in recent weeks we have been very clinical and controlled in contrast to Liverpool who have been coming from behind, late goals etc. Last night we let emotion get the better of us.

Having scored the opener, to then be 1-2 down on the night 1-3 on aggregate five minutes later was criminal. Heads went and we ended up leaving a mountain to climb. The first goal comes from a mistake and having conceded it we should have taken a bit of time to settle back in, get a foot on the ball and build some pressure. That we needed to score twice more to progress at 1-1 seemed to be cause for unjust panic and we made another error.

That we almost overcame it is testimony to the quality we have and I hope we can revert to type in the league and win our remaining games to bring another championship. We can't afford to let emotion take control, leave that to the Scousers who are getting giddy.

A really difficult night tbh, lost the breath when VAR disallowed the sterling goal. It feels more horrible after waking up when you see social media timeline filled with articles that lorente goal should have been disallowed.

Technology will ruin this beautiful game if it goes on like this. Home Broadcaster literally deciding the outcome.

As tears for fears said!!

Shout Shout let it all out
Euefa are bent
And vars put us out
But we don’t give a fuck
Cos we’ll boo your shitty cup

So Shout Shout let it all out
Lionel messi
Will put the bin dippers out!!!

We can concentrate on the domestic treble now?? Fuck the bent bastards

A really difficult night tbh, lost the breath when VAR disallowed the sterling goal. It feels more horrible after waking up when you see social media timeline filled with articles that lorente goal should have been disallowed.

Technology will ruin this beautiful game if it goes on like this. Home Broadcaster literally deciding the outcome.
That's what I feel too.
I don't know if it was the right decision to disallow that Sterling goal. But it killed the game for us. Elation and despair within a moment of each other. I even thought if not for that goal, we may actually have scored a goal :(:(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.