Spurs (H) Post Match Thread

A passing Aston Villa fan here. It was my first chance to watch a full City match this season yesterday and I was in awe! Football at its best and I honestly cannot state who is going to stop the City train at the moment. Tottenham employed dirty, dirty tactics and it just seemed to spur you on. Will be following you more closely now and hoping and believing you’ll get a full house this year. Birmingham is rife with United fans and it’ll be fantastic seeing their reaction to that! Going off topic a bit here but I celebrated THAT Aguero goal like Villa had just won the Prem. My favour for Man City is maybe a little bit born out of hatred from them, but also because reading your forum you guys seem a humble bunch, who know that you’re making history thanks to the investment, as opposed to the arrogance of the red side of Manchester. Good luck to City! Your dynasty is here!!!
Thanks for the nice comments Ed. Most of us here recognise just how lucky we are and remember the dark times all too well.
That helps keep our feet on n the ground at this dizzying moment.
Your club too have experienced the highs and lows in the last 4 decades and have the support of a great set of fans. Living near Birmingham these days I meet a lot of Villa fans and most of them seem to have a soft spot for us which is nice.I honestly think/hope you are over the worst of it and wish you the very best for the rest of the season.

Looked like Kane was bending down as well.

Yellow was probably correct.

There are degrees of recklessness. The outcomes were completely different. Kane carries on and Edders got stretchered off and stitched back together again. If your recklessness ends with a player being stretchered off then it's clearly a red. A player carries on after a 'reckless' incident it's a yellow. Both refs got their calls correct.

The replay showed he could see it well enough over his shoulder.

Yer right. Just seen it on MotD and he does look back over his shoulder.

But isn't this just what VAR can sort out. BEFORE any card is issued it should be looked at again as a matter of course. They would both have gone. Both reckless, both off the ground, neither in control of any outcome. Pochy would be on his own disagreeing but that is what the Laws of the Game are for and VAR should see them implemented correctly.

A guess pure and simple, he was in a poor position which lead to him having to duck out of the way of players and ball, so you're right, no way he even saw that challenge.

Just replied to another poster who suggested he was looking over his shoulder. MotD confirms he had his back to the incident but was screwing his head round and looking over his shoulder, just before he screwed us with a yellow that should have been a red!

Whilst all the plaudits will go to Kevin and quite rightly so, I want to comment on Mangala’s professionalism. Knowing he might not be a Pep player could be off in January or the Summer, but I thought he was excellent today including his simple passing. A big well done! Plus thought Gundogan was fantastic today and is getting his fitness and mojo back.

We need a picture of Kev as the Hulk. Ali left one on him and Kev went green .
Hulk Angry - Hulk Smash.

Whilst all the plaudits will go to Kevin and quite rightly so, I want to comment on Mangala’s professionalism. Knowing he might not be a Pep player could be off in January or the Summer, but I thought he was excellent today including his simple passing. A big well done! Plus thought Gundogan was fantastic today and is getting his fitness and mojo back.
Some of Mangala's passing was not so simple. At one point he saw Sterling free and he delivered a 50 yard diagonal pass right to his feet.
He impressed yesterday. A better option than Kompany at the moment.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.