Spurs (h) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
People seem bemused to discover we are really weak at the back. Really? That's basically the story of our season.

We have no choice but to play to our strengths here because I personally wouldn't fancy us keeping Spurs out if we played defensively, particularly sitting back, regardless. We need to keep the pressure on and the mistakes to a minimum to have any hope of getting a result here.

Would feel a lot better if we had more protection in midfield. I would have played Kompany in defence (Wtf do we have to lose) and Fernando with Yaya in the centre. We need a repeat of the Arsenal second half performance and Fernando was pivotal to that.

We have the weakest keeper and weakest back four in the top 6 - both need more protection than what's in that side.

I'm fearing the worst.

Fine this guy 40 grand!

200.gif

Does anyone else feel that Zabaleta's legs are gone? The guy is fantastic, a legend, brilliant football brain and positionally excellent, but I just think he struggles to get up and down the wing like he used to. And a half-decent winger can turn him far to easily.
yep. part of the problem with defense, too many legs are gone.

Four at the back definitely the right decision. We'll probably have the lion's share of possession anyway and a 3 would have been dangerous against these. Don't mind Aleks so much in a 4 but would have gone with Stones.

Spurs will know our game plan from the outset - slow build up, if they lose the ball in our half, we'll politely wait for them to organise and attempt to thread the eye of the needle on the edge of their box. They've lost one of their better defenders this week so hopefully we'll have some luck with this. But with the speed we have up front, occasionally I'd like to see us hit them on the break, (I've had a look and it's still not against the rules) and having a few more shots, or at least feinting to shoot might open their defence up.

Sane was getting the hang of it before his injury so looking forward to seeing him again. All set up for 60 mins of Leroy and half an hour of Jesus.

Smash the cocky cockerneys and it's almost the perfect day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.