Spurs Post Match Thread | ICC match in Nashville

Missed the game so have relied on your summary. You seem to be saying we need a player to replace aguero who has never scored more than aguero in any season. ?
If u missed the game Asa get on u tube; a lot of fans forget u can watch the whole match again in either english (american)or spanish commentary
I prefer the spanish as i dont get to hear the tiresome references to how much money we have spent...

Another impressive performance; obviously there are plenty of caveats because it is pre-season and I would expect Spurs to be stiffer oppposition when we next meet them.

What delighted me again was the energy of City's performance, which needs to be maintained. Also it looked as though work on certain movements on the training pitch had translated to the match situation; especially the interchanges to get the full backs in. Hopefully, Pep laid foundations last year that mean they can really expand the armoury of moves.

Big question is can the players demonstrate the kind of freedom in their play that we have seen on this tour when the pressure is on? The technical ability in the squad is excellent and the only potential impediment is mental, so long as our best players stay fit.

The pace and physicality of our full backs and Ederson ICBM's have given us important new weapons. All the new boys have impressed.

High hopes of an exciting season.
One really important caveat is thwt its maybe easier to press like demons and run at full pelt when you know a raft of subs will take place
Midway thru the second half.

Really enjoyed watching Yaya, Samir and Sergio running things as a combination late in the second half. Almost a sense of fond nostalgia, even though they are all still very relevant as footballers. They made it easy for the kids that were buzzing around them. Still a delight to watch them play. Class and experience.

I'm really not sure how Pellers prepared the team - we were notoriously slow starters under him and our set pieces and basics were often poor, we too often relied upon individual moments of brilliance to bale us out.
Manuel Pellegrini prepared the team sufficiently well enough to win a title and cup double in his first season in eng,ish football.you would probably have to ask Gary James for the last City manager to do a title and cup double.
He also got us to the semi finals of Europeans premier cup competition; no other manager in our history managed that.
If you really want to be obsessed with the accuracy of throw ins and set peices maybe you should study stoke City or possibly wimbledon from the 80s
...Its all too easy to forget we scored the most goals in a single post war season under Pellegrini,teams were routinely destroyed week in week out home and away....its early days yet pal,promising..but early days.

My bet on City was impulsive but also made with some common sense. Betting on the dippers is quite frankly ludicrous but I respect your opinion. Let's hope City score 110 and dippers finish 5th with 100

It's 100/1 for a reason, but I think they will score a lot of goals this season. They have a lot of pace and skill in the top third. It's a punt at best, but I liked the long odds and thought it worth a bet. Probably lost a tenner, but you never know

It's 100/1 for a reason, but I think they will score a lot of goals this season. They have a lot of pace and skill in the top third. It's a punt at best, but I liked the long odds and thought it worth a bet. Probably lost a tenner, but you never know
Fair play. Some fuckers won on Leicester winning the league and that was 5,000 to 1. But yes there is no way the dippers are getting 100

May have been pre-season but has anyone else watched the full game highlights more than once? Some of that football was absolutely sublime. If we do play like that all season I can see us breaking a lot of records. I don't normally get that excited over pre-season games but when you see Alli, Kane and Dier getting wound up because we were by far the better team then you know they were taking it much more serious than most fans and pundits have made it out. Bring on the season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.