St Marks white enamel badge.

BlueTG said:
KippaxCitizen said:
461995_512236008792801_66068436_o.jpg

Who is the bloke on the bottom row, far left?
Supposed to be Kun.

Rascal said:
Dont know if true but the kit was something to do with Llanelli RUFC

I was wearing mine and was approached by a guy who was a Rugby nut asking me about it.
Iirc, didn't you wear it in munich? Memory is a bit hazy though

dawlish dave said:
Rascal said:
Dont know if true but the kit was something to do with Llanelli RUFC

I was wearing mine and was approached by a guy who was a Rugby nut asking me about it.

Right country wrong team, Its Neath RFC.

I went to the arms park to watch these 2 teams slug it out in some final or other. Brilliant day.

stony said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Bilboblue said:
Grow a pair you softarse.

Takes a few seconds to educate people as to why you wear it.

You shouldn't need to have to educate people but if you are happy to walk around looking like a racist go for it. Then again you probably are a shithouse racist.

Fucking hell, you don't half talk a complete load of bollocks.

Made me laugh there stony!

I wasn't saying I think it looks like the Nazi Iron Cross (which often also feature a swastika) I was saying that the general public, who have no inkling of our clubs history, might confuse it with Nazi icons - and for that reason maybe the club would avoid selling it...let's put it on 'City Voice' and ask the question :)

St Marks/Gorton had that shirt long before either war - but the swastika was also used long before it was used by the Nazis.

What my point was about was the club selling a shirt that 'could' be misidentified. The 'swastika' has been around as an icon for 1000s of years - the ancient Greeks used it, Etruscans used it, Celts used it - but if you wore a t-shirt displaying it today people would assume you were in some way attached to the modern identification of the emblem.

Going back to the original OP question though - has anyone found a site you can buy one, or shall I wait til the Newcastle game and check Mary D? (the latter seems the obvious to be fair)

I've had my eye on one of those TOFFS shirts for a while and I think the time is right to get one.

BTW - the German air force has been using a cross like that on its aircraft for most of the post-1945 period, and it is still the symbol used today. Pretty sure they wouldn't be using it if it was generally thought to be a Nazi symbol.

BlueSkyBlue said:
I wasn't saying I think it looks like the Nazi Iron Cross (which often also feature a swastika) I was saying that the general public, who have no inkling of our clubs history, might confuse it with Nazi icons - and for that reason maybe the club would avoid selling it...let's put it on 'City Voice' and ask the question :)

St Marks/Gorton had that shirt long before either war - but the swastika was also used long before it was used by the Nazis.

What my point was about was the club selling a shirt that 'could' be misidentified. The 'swastika' has been around as an icon for 1000s of years - the ancient Greeks used it, Etruscans used it, Celts used it - but if you wore a t-shirt displaying it today people would assume you were in some way attached to the modern identification of the emblem.

Going back to the original OP question though - has anyone found a site you can buy one, or shall I wait til the Newcastle game and check Mary D? (the latter seems the obvious to be fair)
Well then maybe the club should start selling them , so when some people ask why City have a old retro shirt with a cross on it , they can be told the history of the club. Also the club should do a retro Ardwick afc too !

kev20971 said:
Well then maybe the club should start selling them , so when some people ask why City have a old retro shirt with a cross on it , they can be told the history of the club. Also the club should do a retro Ardwick afc too !

I agree!

Just ordered a black t shirt from Amazon with "Kippax" and a skull and cross bones on the front.

Sorry can't post an image, but I think it looks great not bad for £11.99.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.