Stadium Name

Thanks for all the posts. Some really interesting points made. Seems as though if Maine Road had been renamed (as they attempted with St James' Park) some of the sentiment would have been very different to naming the new stadium after a corporate partner.

Do City fans have any songs that they sing about the Etihad? Or songs about Maine Road that you still sing? Bolton fans still have a song about Burnden Park, so we were wondering if it's the same with City?

Lot's of songs still sung about Maine Rd and Kippax St, but none about the new stadium or any of it's names.

we are City ........We are CITY!

SUPER CITY

FROM...................erm..........not the Etihad or coms or any other such made up bollox

When I go to the match I simply say I'm off to THE GROUND......

The Ground is what I use too - same number of syllables (2) as Maine Road

Etihad is what I use.. mind you, in my family we called the area "Wastelands" in general, this eastlands lark was just to make it sound better.

The more I think about it, the more I actually like the Etihad. Dare I say I'll even be upset if (when?) it's changed. Etihad is a brand, as mentioned by someone else, that I associate with the new era of Manchester City, our rise to success. We're so heavily entwined that each brand seems to feed off of each other and both just sort of fit together as one.

Since leaving Maine Road I don't think I've verbally called our home stadium anything other than "at home".

"Where's your game this weekend?"
"At home"

"Where do we play Chelsea in a few weeks?"
"At home"

I don't think we'd ever sing a song using the words "The Eithad Stadium". But don't mind at all that the stadium is called that. It's less of a mouthful than "The City of Manchester Stadium".

Thanks for all the posts. Some really interesting points made. Seems as though if Maine Road had been renamed (as they attempted with St James' Park) some of the sentiment would have been very different to naming the new stadium after a corporate partner.

Do City fans have any songs that they sing about the Etihad? Or songs about Maine Road that you still sing? Bolton fans still have a song about Burnden Park, so we were wondering if it's the same with City?

Oh, dear.

Silly season is upon us again. As referenced earlier in the thread the edcuational establishment you refer to does not exist.

I've had 3 similiar requests via email at work asking my opinion on the industry I work in. All of them were asking facile, puerile questions. It seems the norm that the bollock juggling, quaver eating, grant dodging, unwashed send out daft survey's like this.

One of the most stupid questions I read on one of these was "How do you react when opposition fans criticise you of overspending" My Response - I do handstands and fling shit at them.

2 weeks later I had an email saying that I had "ruined her survey" And that's the only part of the email I can put on a public forum.

Eastlands was a recently made up name for regeneration purposes and Etihad being used instead of it is preferable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.