Starting XI and Manager for 15/16

I imagine we will go into the West Brom game with this team - slightly worried about Bony's match fitness (although I'm assuming he has, or will, play a behind closed door training match and then also the Stuttgart game).

I would say we will play with predominately a 3 man midfield this season so maybe Nasri could feature instead of Navas and have Silva out wide.

1303459_Manchester_City.jpg

I imagine we will go into the West Brom game with this team - slightly worried about Bony's match fitness (although I'm assuming he has, or will, play a behind closed door training match and then also the Stuttgart game).

I would say we will play with predominately a 3 man midfield this season so maybe Nasri could feature instead of Navas and have Silva out wide.

1303459_Manchester_City.jpg
Navas on the left??

Not sure who is going to be available Monday night but I think our strongest starting XI for the coming season should be:

Hart

Zabaleta Kompany Managla Clichy

Fernandinho Delph

Sterling Toure Silva

Aguero

Bench:
Willy Caballero
Bacary Sagna
Martin Demichelis
Fernando
Jesus Navas
Samir Nasri
Wilfried Bony

Not on bench:
Richard Wright
Marcos Lopes
Bruno Zuculini
Jason Denayer
Kelechi Iheanacho
Aleksandar Kolarov
Edin Dzeko

I'd like to see Denayer and Iheanacho get 15 starts in all comps.

If everyone is playing to their full potential there is only Clichy's position in the starting XI where I think a significant upgrade is very attainable in the current market. I'd have liked to have seen Kolarov go out and someone new come in. I expect Edin is going too, that leaves 23 players in the squad including Wright, other than Demichelis and Nasri I think the bench looks very weak.

I think Delph is an obvious upgrade on Fernando and I reckon he'll surprise everyone with how good he is and Sterling is a massive upgrade on Navas. If we can keep a settled back four (plus Fernandinho and Delph), for an extended run of games I like to think we can win the league again, but it will go down to the wire.

Not sure who is going to be available Monday night but I think our strongest starting XI for the coming season should be:

Hart

Zabaleta Kompany Managla Clichy

Fernandinho Delph

Sterling Toure Silva

Aguero

I think that is probably our strongest 11 (assuming no more signings and that Kompany and Mangala can sort out their form). Problem is 5 or 6 of those may not be available for the first game.

Not a bad squad that

1 Joe Hart
3 Bacary Sagna
4 Vincent Kompany
5 Pablo Zabaleta
6 Fernando
7 Raheem Sterling
8 Samir Nasri
9 Wilfried Bony
10 Sergio Aguero
11 Aleksander Kolarov
13 Willy Caballero
14 Kevin De Bruyne
15 Jesus Navas
20 Eliaquim Mangala
21 David Silva
22 Gael Clichy
25 Fernandinho
26 Martin Demichelis
36 Bruno Zuculini
42 Yaya Touré
64 Marcos Lopes

Not a bad squad that

1 Joe Hart
3 Bacary Sagna
4 Vincent Kompany
5 Pablo Zabaleta
6 Fernando
7 Raheem Sterling
8 Samir Nasri
9 Wilfried Bony
10 Sergio Aguero
11 Aleksander Kolarov
13 Willy Caballero
14 Kevin De Bruyne
15 Jesus Navas
20 Eliaquim Mangala
21 David Silva
22 Gael Clichy
25 Fernandinho
26 Martin Demichelis
36 Bruno Zuculini
42 Yaya Touré
64 Marcos Lopes

18 Fabian Delph?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.