State Pension Increases

Last edited:
The pension increase has always got inflation since triple lock, the rise in April was double lock as excluded wage increases they were massive due to coming out of furlough.
yes, but it was still deemed exceptional circumstances, it's difficult to categorise (to my mind anyway) exceptional circumstances 2 years in a row, as this would suggest it's anything but exceptional, even though they may be 2 different exceptionals....its getting a bit messy now

Sunak spouting on about "We must protect pensioners from inflation", yet wasn't he the chancellor who reneged on the triple lock for 2022/23?
Since I retired, 10 years ago, the addition £1000 tax-free allowance for over 65's has gone, my entitlement to a free TV licence has gone, the higher increase index on the SERP'S element of my pension has gone, newer retirees receive a higher pension (and a greater annual increase) and, as stated, last year a broken pledge on the triple lock.
I receive too little to pay tax, but too much for pension credit, so no additional help with "Cost of living payments", just the £400 every one will receive (including my daughter & S.I.L on a combined salary of £98K) plus the £200 (£300 I think this year) pensioners Winter Fuel Allowance.
Next year, I could be paying 25% of my total income to the energy company.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.