Sterling’s Racial Abuse

It's not a football problem, it's a society problem being reflected in football. Racism is on the rise everywhere, not just in football.

Something is seriously wrong when a person you've probably never met is judged by the colour of their skin, by their religion or culture, & not by the content of their character. :-(

#StandWithRaz

What the fcuk is wrong with people, astounds me that people think like that
They might have learning difficulties, a diagnosed or undiagnosed medical condition affecting their thought processes, ulterior motives, live in a part of the world where their culture is much different - all sorts of reasons.

The world is getting pushed further and further to the right and the internet is affording the anonymity that people need to espouse harder and more extreme views. In general we're heading in the wrong direction at a rapid rate which is sad indictment of the world we live in.
Be careful not to conflate rightist thinking with racism. The far left are equally guilty.

Once again.....Until those that can,start coming down with almighty force on these vile creatures,then such abuse will continue.

Its far too easy,and pathetic lip service type gestures we witnessed over the Bank Holiday weekend are a waste of time.

Real action is required,and its required now.
This is where I am too. It’s disgusting.

It's worth repeating again for the people who seem to think this is a resources thing. They know who did it in this case. The account is still active. He could be permanently banned today if they wanted him to be. And yeah sure, he could sign up with another ISP address and a new email address, but they don't even bother to do the basics of making it inconvenient for racists to stay on the platform. Always full of bullshit excuses. One I heard is that often ISPs are shared between people, so banning an ISP will affect people who weren't responsible for the abuse. Interestingly, you could make the same argument about the government's three strikes rule for copyright theft, but when it's something as serious as downloading a pirated copy of The Avengers, it's a price we're willing to pay.

Be careful not to conflate rightist thinking with racism. The far left are equally guilty.
I agree,however an issue/problem like this should not be pigeonholed in any direction.It's the most basic of stuff,plain human decency and treating others with respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.