Sterling’s Racial Abuse

Glad to see the weekend long social media boycott has solved things...

Really this is never going to stop any time soon without harsh prosecution, and that's a big ask. I really do feel like there needs to be a bigger push to educate people, from the young all the way to the old. Things like that may only be accessible in certain countries but we have to be working harder to push forwards with these things in places that can.

Social media corporations can't be relied upon to solve anything that affects the bottom line.

I also find it crazy how quick the world was to unite against the ESL, and yet everyone's so blasé about this shit.

Not sure what can be done to stop this shit tbh, the webs obviously global so tracing and prosecuting is hard. Those they do catch in this country should suffer harsher penalties.

Not sure what can be done to stop this shit tbh, the webs obviously global so tracing and prosecuting is hard. Those they do catch in this country should suffer harsher penalties.
I don't think you will ever stop abuse on social media. Sadly there will always be a section of the human population who are just twisted and beyond fixing. You still get poison pen letter writers and abusive phone calls so it's not a new problem.
There are not enough resources to trace and prosecute the volume of culprits. In fact the amount of publicity given to this issue has probably encouraged the abusers and made the situation worse. It would be nice if Twitter and Facebook did something to reduce the problem but you can't blame them for the world being a fucked-up place. Sorry to be so cynical.

What the fcuk is wrong with people, astounds me that people think like that

What the fcuk is wrong with people, astounds me that people think like that

No one would choose to think that way,i'm sure.

It's your make up,your up bringing,your frames of reference and influencing experience/factors.Thankfully education has gone a long way to eradicating ignorance and stereotypes,so while i am not confident we will ever live in an ideal society where race isn't an issue,as some will be determined to make it a problem......thankfully,there is most definitely light at the end of the tunnel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.