Sterling or yaya against madrid?

For me, KDB's got to play in the middle which means there's no room for Yaya in the starting line-up - he'll have a role as a sub if we're closing down the came or chasing, though.

Definitely not Sterling as he has be woeful recently!

Only this. It would be like starting and playing with 10 men.
Its going to be a big enough call with 11 players on the pitch in Madrid. God forbid 10.

Only this. It would be like starting and playing with 10 men.
Its going to be a big enough call with 11 players on the pitch in Madrid. God forbid 10.
Maybe - but when on form, Sterling is incredibly good. I'd start Sterling and Yaya both - just start our best 11. If someone is off-form/lazy, sub 'em out.

Yaya and i would play a 4-3-3 with two ferns and yaya in the middle and Navas Aguero de Bruyne upfront

For me this is the only decision to be made on Wednesday. The back four should rightly stay the same,the ferns have been top class together, Navas is vital in these games and aguero is obviously a cert along with KDB. The question is do we give Kevin the free role and put sterling on the left or put yaya behind aguero and move Kevin out to the left, he'd still be able to do damage but is nowhere near as dangerous as he is when he plays in the centre. For me I think that although he has been vital in the champions league sterling will go missing and yaya should play and prove he's still the man for the big occasion, he'll keep the ball we'll high up the pitch and give them something to worry about, especially given how lightweight their midfield is. Thoughts?
Good question. Immediately after the game I thought Sterling in for Dave, with the same formation we started with at home. However, I think we may struggle to get enough ball in the away leg with that line-up so I'm now erring towards the same team/midfield three as in Seville (Nando, Yaya, Dinho), with Dinho getting up to support the front three when necessary, this also being dictated by whether tranny plays or not.

Sterling, Navas and Aguero as the front three. No Kev as you can see, but rather than jemmy him into that left-sided roll I'd keep him on the bench and unleash him for Yaya on the hour. We probably won't need him anyway by then as we'll be three up. Won't be popular but it's better to pick the right team for the game than pick the best players in the wrong positions.

Maybe - but when on form, Sterling is incredibly good. I'd start Sterling and Yaya both - just start our best 11. If someone is off-form/lazy, sub 'em out.

I don't think we can afford a passenger of any description for any amount of time next week to be honest.
We need to be on it from the get go with every single player.
Madrid will know what Sterling is about and God knows what Pepe & Ramos would or will do to him on their own pitch.
Nah - not for me. Sterling should be on the bench as an impact sub at best.

Can I throw in a low ball and suggest Kolo on the left wing?

That said, on Tues night, I was thinking we could do with Yaya right now.
I love Kolarov going forward - hugely talented. But his average/poor defense will get us in trouble against RM - much prefer Clichy for this matchup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.