Stoke (a) 20/08/2016 - pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A continuation of what we have seen in the past two games. Emphasis on attacking and defending together, work rate, intensity, getting to the river in a methodical, particular way and then relying on the quality of the players in the final third to drink from it. Navas perhaps included to enhance the work rate in the team and bring even more pace. Interesting to see if he can transform his game a bit under Guardiola and start scoring some goals and also get involved in the build up play. Nolito is perhaps not suited yet to the hustle and bustle of the league. Nonetheless a solid team that offers continuation in terms of style of play and approach.

Sterling can play along the front line and I won't be surprised if he spends most of the game down the center with De Bruyne taking Nolito's place on the left. Stoke has built up a very respected reputation or stereotype for themselves and credit to them but if we play with the same intensity, especially in the final third, they will not be able to handle it.

Pity about Nolito being dropped to the bench. I thought he did alright in Bucharest, and his link ups with Merlin and Kun showed promise. Plus, he managed to bag a goal (something that isn't Navas' strong point, to put it mildly).

Pity about Nolito being dropped to the bench. I thought he did alright in Bucharest, and his link ups with Merlin and Kun showed promise. Plus, he managed to bag a goal (something that isn't Navas' strong point, to put it mildly).

That's the issue when we have such strength in depth and everyone needs game time to implement the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.