Stopped smoking ......

... need some support. Five days.
Seriously, what you need to keep thinking is the utter pointlessness of smoking cigarettes. I, and
probably all the others on here who used to smoke, have all got our ways of overcoming this stupid addiction,
but as for me, it happened quite easily. Lighting up what was probably my tenth fag of the day, I looked at it
and thought, why the fuck am I doing this? It was only about half an hour after I'd put one out and I realised I'm smoking
simply because of the craving, it's not like the beer, or the ganja, where you're actually getting something out
of it, you're puffing on the fucking thing because you're hooked, you're not getting 'Enjoyment' at all, and are
simply quashing a craving for another half hour or so.
It's a mindset mate, plus the fact I started to hate the cig companies for getting me onto the bastard things.
Just stick at it, it will take around 3 months, which will seem an eternity to you, but this craving will slowly
turn to mild interest, to completely disappear, until you become one of us tedious twats lecturing on smoking,
as you will, and I promise, really hate the smell of the bloody things after around 12 months.

... need some support. Five days.
Good thing is you go back to proper sleep real dreams like when you were a ten year old
4 years for me no vape i did have about half a dozen chuck away type ones ,
that glowed at the end good luck lad it really ain't that hard honest just stick to your guns
Fuck the rest don't follow lead your own path

What worked for me was telling myself that I was better than being controlled by a weed! As Blue Mojito said, a "cash for ash"tin is a great motivator. I saved up for a new set of Pings in about 4 months. I would also add that in the first weeks I found it comforting that my mam had bought me 100 Hamlets duty free 2 weeks after I had stopped. I never panicked about not having anything to smoke, never smoked one and gave them away to mates over the next 12 months. I could never be a reformed smoker though... blow it my way and I can smoke it for free!

Seriously, what you need to keep thinking is the utter pointlessness of smoking cigarettes. I, and
probably all the others on here who used to smoke, have all got our ways of overcoming this stupid addiction,
but as for me, it happened quite easily. Lighting up what was probably my tenth fag of the day, I looked at it
and thought, why the fuck am I doing this? It was only about half an hour after I'd put one out and I realised I'm smoking
simply because of the craving, it's not like the beer, or the ganja, where you're actually getting something out
of it, you're puffing on the fucking thing because you're hooked, you're not getting 'Enjoyment' at all, and are
simply quashing a craving for another half hour or so.
It's a mindset mate, plus the fact I started to hate the cig companies for getting me onto the bastard things.
Just stick at it, it will take around 3 months, which will seem an eternity to you, but this craving will slowly
turn to mild interest, to completely disappear, until you become one of us tedious twats lecturing on smoking,
as you will, and I promise, really hate the smell of the bloody things after around 12 months.
Pretty much what he said. I had my last one in October last year after 30 odd years smoking. I really had had enough and wanted to stop, I think that is key to the whole process. I was on my 3rd relapse, having a few beers with mates (always a great time to smoke) but that last one was just fucking horrible, I nearly chundered it was that bad. Worse than my very first one, but because my parents smoked I guess it wasn't too much of a shock for my body. But yeah good luck hope you can manage it. I shall now indulge in some self righteousness; I smell better and I look better. And I have more money in my pocket!

Find a good Hypnotist.

Looking back 15yrs later, wow.
Nobody I know can believe I used to be a smoker.

I even hate being around other smokers.
You stink, your blowing carcinogenic shit in my face. Minging.

Had a motorbike accident broke both my arms couldn't get them near my mouth for 9 weeks by then I had given up. Worked for me but I wouldn't recommend it.

I quit 13 years ago and I've never looked back. I smoked at least 40 a day and it was very hard but I did it. It was alright after 4 weeks but I did patches for 3 months to be certain. It's really a willpower thing.

I honestly wretch when I smell cigarettes now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.