Stressed Out

Didsbury Dave said:
ManCitizens. said:
Why are so many fans stressed out about our performances? Yes, i acknowledge we need to perform but when i started supporting City we had fuck all, so if we get fuck all this season, so be it. I don’t want to associate myself with spoilt fans, at the same time i won’t cheer lazy players.

We have achieved more than most of us would have prayed for in our lifetimes. I don’t want to dwell on the past but domestically, all we are missing is the league cup. Unless of course you only followed City because off the past few years and you demand more? In that case you are not welcome at our club.

Kick the ball at VanPersie.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jUmLWT9Ad8[/youtube]
I fucking detest your mentality. "Likkle cititis" from someone who is unable to grasp what city have become, how good the players are and what the expectations should be of this team. It's the same idiot mentality which leads to the belief that every journalist*, every pundit, every co-commentator and every broadcaster is out to destroy city. It's a delusion , where the city in your life is the same city as in the match programme.

Fucking fat prick sat next to me for Real Madrid announces to the whole stand we we go 1-0 down: " I don't care if it finishes 5-0. It's Real Madrid innit. Not long since we were playing Macclesfield". A few of us told him where he could get off with that sort of thinking. It's one step from a half and half scarf and shows a massive lack of perspective. We have a team good enough to scare Real Madrid and this div thinks its appropriate to give a passionate crowd a York lecture?
Every game is crucial now for city. If you are challenging for the title then every dropped point is damaging. And city's team being so good means the fans are damned right to be disappointed if they play badly. As a fan you want your team to play to its potential, whether top of the premier league or half way down division 2. If you have a passion for the club then that's how it works.

*except Martin Samuel

I agree, but if this is the case why are both our team and the fans flat during CL nights? We didn't deserve to qualify this year but we as a fanbase didn't exactly help. As much as i detest Celtic, they got the stadium rocking and carried the team over the line.

The "spoilt brat" attitude as i wrongly put it has prevented us from doing this. Where have our (home) fans been when our team has needed them in the CL? If the CL was a one off and not guarenteed everybody would turn up screaming their hearts out, that attitude needs to change. We always need to turn up screaming our hearts out. The fans at Madrid and Dortmund etc have been top notch, we just need an extra 10-20k to do the same during home games. Results will soon improve.

I must admit, after the QPR game last season I swore to myself that I wouldn't get so stressed out watching City, otherwise they'd have me in an early grave. Part of my thinking was we'd won the title, which I thought we may never do in my lifetime, and no one could ever take that away. If anything trying to retain the title this season has been even worse.

If you are a big Manchester City supporter you will always be stressed on match day.

Didsbury Dave said:
ManCitizens. said:
Why are so many fans stressed out about our performances? Yes, i acknowledge we need to perform but when i started supporting City we had fuck all, so if we get fuck all this season, so be it. I don’t want to associate myself with spoilt fans, at the same time i won’t cheer lazy players.

We have achieved more than most of us would have prayed for in our lifetimes. I don’t want to dwell on the past but domestically, all we are missing is the league cup. Unless of course you only followed City because off the past few years and you demand more? In that case you are not welcome at our club.

I fucking detest your mentality. "Likkle cititis" from someone who is unable to grasp what city have become, how good the players are and what the expectations should be of this team. It's the same idiot mentality which leads to the belief that every journalist*, every pundit, every co-commentator and every broadcaster is out to destroy city. It's a delusion , where the city in your life is the same city as in the match programme.

Fucking fat prick sat next to me for Real Madrid announces to the whole stand we we go 1-0 down: " I don't care if it finishes 5-0. It's Real Madrid innit. Not long since we were playing Macclesfield". A few of us told him where he could get off with that sort of thinking. It's one step from a half and half scarf and shows a massive lack of perspective. We have a team good enough to scare Real Madrid and this div thinks its appropriate to give a passionate crowd a York lecture?

Every game is crucial now for city. If you are challenging for the title then every dropped point is damaging. And city's team being so good means the fans are damned right to be disappointed if they play badly. As a fan you want your team to play to its potential, whether top of the premier league or half way down division 2. If you have a passion for the club then that's how it works.

*except Martin Samuel

TBH I agree that we should expect what is reasonable from our team and not for them to under or over achieve. Losing any game really would be underachieving and fans have a right to be stressed as out squad, manager, stadium and fanbase is good enough to get a result in every game. On the other hand, we must recognise that we are not the complete package yet so not get too disheartened when we dont win every trophy. Winning the league last year was a real achievement, probably and over achievement for such a new team.

I hate all this bollocks from fans saying 'oh well we lost, not long a go we were playing york away'. It like saying 'oh well, iv lost my house, my family, my friends and im bankrupt, but not long a go i was a kid and had none of this anyway'. But i think what people are trying to get across when the spat out this rubbish is that we must retain our sense of humor that is famous associated with city fans. When you sing 'we never win at home and we never win away' your displaying a similar attitude but you show a sense of humor rather than suggesting the result doesn't actually matter because of how far we've come.

I have heard anyone use the typical city phrase for a while. But i bet im not the only one who doesn't miss supporting a bottom half club with a sense of humor rater than a side everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and attack.

Remember the past but don't live in the past!

WE ARE NOW A BIG BIG CLUB AND EXPECTATION IS A WAY OF LIFE.

I would be disappointed if you did not get stressed every match.

Didsbury Dave said:
ManCitizens. said:

*except Martin Samuel

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.