Stupid little things that bug you

So many posters raging against cyclist. I just hope that if you have kids, cycling to and from school, they don't cross the paths of motorist who think like you lot!
Some of us do cycle in the correct manner but still face aggressive, inconsiderate, half-blind drivers.
It was me who started the cyclist moan, and I'm a cyclist, I'm still to hear a reason at all why other cyclists have flashing lights dazzling the fuck out of everyone.
It doesn't surprise me that motorists get pissed off with cyclists, a high percentage of them just constantly take the piss with their riding.
Ignoring red lights is another of my faves, I sure do love it when some knob cruises past me while I'm stopped at a red light and then hardly pedals at all when in front of you in the cycle lane.
As for letting my kids ride bikes to school, I'm not sure where you live but in Manchester you would have to have a screw loose to even think about letting your kids ride to school.
Which reminds me of another cyclist love of mine, parents riding with kids and not a helmet in sight, just why?

So many posters raging against cyclist. I just hope that if you have kids, cycling to and from school, they don't cross the paths of motorist who think like you lot!
Some of us do cycle in the correct manner but still face aggressive, inconsiderate, half-blind drivers.
So besides all the other ..hate each other.. topics in dear gentle old "stiff upper lip" England like Brexit, Meghan, Tories, Scousers, Yanks etc. we can add cyclists/motorists :)

It was me who started the cyclist moan, and I'm a cyclist, I'm still to hear a reason at all why other cyclists have flashing lights dazzling the fuck out of everyone.
It doesn't surprise me that motorists get pissed off with cyclists, a high percentage of them just constantly take the piss with their riding.
Ignoring red lights is another of my faves, I sure do love it when some knob cruises past me while I'm stopped at a red light and then hardly pedals at all when in front of you in the cycle lane.
As for letting my kids ride bikes to school, I'm not sure where you live but in Manchester you would have to have a screw loose to even think about letting your kids ride to school.
Which reminds me of another cyclist love of mine, parents riding with kids and not a helmet in sight, just why?
Of course there are annoying cyclist, I have often seen them make a nuisance of themselves and in no way am I defending them. I too get annoyed seeing them riding two abreast on narrow roads and not obeying highway code rules and weaving between cars.
I used to cycle to my school sports ground near Southern Cemetery from Hulme, that was back in the 60's, there was a lot less traffic around then and I don't recall nearly as much animosity..
A flashing (on-off) rear light uses less battery power so they last longer. Plus, during the day, they do attract more attention. After pedestrians, cyclists are the second most vulnerable, making sure I can be seen is paramount.
The poor skills of some drivers equally annoy both other motorists and cyclists. What really annoys me is when the driver's action are deliberate, passing to close, squeezing the space passing parked cars and cutting across me when I'm turning at junctions. "Driving" home their antagonism towards cyclist.

Last edited:
People who undertake me on the motorway when I'm doing the speed limit and their on their phone looking at you like your doing something wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.