Sturgeon wants another referendum

You miss my point.
May says the Scots cannot have a referendum because they don't know enough details about what they would be voting for. That didn't seem to stop the UK having one.

No. May says the Scots cannot have a referendum at the moment because there will be far more information and details about what they're voting for in a couple of year's time.

We wouldn't have had any more information about Brexit by delaying the EU referendum.

You miss my point.
May says the Scots cannot have a referendum because they don't know enough details about what they would be voting for. That didn't seem to stop the UK having one.

I think the skunks at Westminster don't want to offer the skunks at Holyrood a referendum because the former can't handle two things at once, unless they are highly lucrative terms of employment.

No. May says the Scots cannot have a referendum at the moment because there will be far more information and details about what they're voting for in a couple of year's time.

We wouldn't have had any more information about Brexit by delaying the EU referendum.

We would if the fuckers had set out, in understandable terms for the layman, what in/out meant for the country.

Which brings me nicely back to where i started from in this thread, namely, a referendum was a fucking stupid idea.
Adios Amigos.

Sturgeon wants a referendum between August 18 and Spring 19 . Brexit is supposed to be concluded spring 19 so surely we'll have a pretty good idea of wahts in it by then.

We would if the fuckers had set out, in understandable terms for the layman, what in/out meant for the country.

Which brings me nicely back to where i started from in this thread, namely, a referendum was a fucking stupid idea.
Adios Amigos.

That's not their decision to make (it's the result of a negotiation between the UK and EU), nor could they guarantee they'd be in a position to deliver on their promises.

Sturgeon wants a referendum between August 18 and Spring 19 . Brexit is supposed to be concluded spring 19 so surely we'll have a pretty good idea of wahts in it by then.

Then why not ask the Scots to wait a few more months for confirmation of what the deal will look like? The UK shouldn't have to bend over backwards to appease the SNP, especially when they had an independence referendum just a few years ago.

I've no problem with them having another referendum, but you have it at our earliest convenience, which is after Brexit.

Then why not ask the Scots to wait a few more months for confirmation of what the deal will look like? The UK shouldn't have to bend over backwards to appease the SNP, especially when they had an independence referendum just a few years ago.

I've no problem with them having another referendum, but you have it at our earliest convenience, which is after Brexit.

Precisely

For me the deciding factor and the only reason to vote yes wouldnt be nationalist at all . I would only vote yes if staying integrated in the EU was guaranteed.

Well as we 'are where we are' and not 'where you might want us to be' then it seems you will be a guaranteed No voter. Even with a following wind and with all other EU countries that are likely to have objections deciding to drop them - such a guaranteed position cannot be attained in any of the timetables being suggested for Indyref2

She hasnt asked the Scots anything, she asked for the power to call a referendum, which wouldnt be held for at least 18 months, when the Brexit deal should be known.There is though a good chance the negotiations will drag on more than two years, even a chance we could have a change of government before amy Brexit deal is ratified, what then ?

She hasnt asked the Scots anything, she asked for the power to call a referendum, which wouldnt be held for at least 18 months, when the Brexit deal should be known.There is though a good chance the negotiations will drag on more than two years, even a chance we could have a change of government before amy Brexit deal is ratified, what then ?

They wait. All that would require would be for the SNP to change their definition of a generation from 2 years to at most 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.