Sturridge and partner

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/09/manchester-city-santa-cruz-blackburn-transfer-window" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... fer-window</a>

You had better hope that this isn't true then.

If this happened then I want him sacked on the spot.

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/09/manchester-city-santa-cruz-blackburn-transfer-window

You had better hope that this isn't true then.

If this happened then I want him sacked on the spot.

Thought this was Sturridge and partner?
There must be loads of hughes out posts you can rant on

RSC ...a similar deal to what rags did may work,15 mil and loan sturridge for 12months.as for daniel dont think he`s ready to be in the starting 11

JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Sturridge is 19 (I think). He is easily old enough. He is the best young striking talent in the country. There have been numerous players of his age who have been regulars in the top flight by now.

He has been built up so much that people have expected him to burst onto the scene in a Rooney/Owen type way, which rarely happens. Hopefully we can keep him, and over the next few years he can really establish himself.

So far, he's been much more effective as a substitute. In the few games he's started (Schalke aside, where he was on the left) he hasn't done a great deal to suggest he should YET be playing the full 90. Having said that, neither have any of the others...

Although perhaps a little lightweight, I think Robinho and Sturridge up top together could be formidable.

We're halfway through the season, he's had an injury or 2? And he's already easily doubled the number of appearances he's made for the first team (can't be bothered looking up specific stats). Pretty far fetched to twist anything to do with Daniel Sturridge into a 'Hughes out' post imo.

I saw him when he came on at Sunderland last year. Oe thing I don't think he gets enough credit for is his movement. It's incredibly good, and I think he and Robinho link up very well as a result of this.

A lot of what has been said in this thread could have been said for the last three years or so. I remember under Pearce when we had no strikers (except for Corradi and Vassell, and, yeah moving on), but Pearce played him only once. It also took Sven a while to play him (I know part of both of these is he was injured), but even when he broke through Sven never seemed to have enough confidence in him to play him from the start much. It wouldn't surprise me if he lacks some focus and applicaiton in the eyes of a manager.

Still, I agree, I think he's a boy with enough talent where if you throw him in at the deep end, he'll end up better off for it. He's 19, been in the spotlight for a while now, it's time to sink or swim. Okay, I'm out of aquatic metaphors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.