"Sultanagate" - Bluemoon's finest hour

Didsbury Dave

I am posting a new thread about this because I believe the importance of this sequence of events, and the people power of Bluemoon, has been overlooked and lost amongst the huge "pies" thread.

Here is the sequence of events:

Following the Celtic game, there were various City fans making alarming comments about Hollands, our new pie suppliers. The concensus seemed to be that whilst most pies were good, the legendary chicken balti was very poor. The stakes were then upped considerably when several posters revealed there were sultanas in these pies.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134955</a>

As the uproar about this grew, a hero stepped into the fray - "Didsberry Blue", who wrote this rather amusing letter to Hollands pies:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134955&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134955&start=30</a>

Even more amusingly, Hollands wrote back acknowledging his concerns over the chicken balti pie, and offering to allow him to become involved in the selection of a new recipe:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134955&start=90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134955&start=90</a>

Now at this point I think for most of us, Sultanagate had run it's course, but I can confirm that last Friday night, a car turned up at Didsberry Blue's house and a man knocked on the door with a box containing six sample balti pies, and a firm promise that none contained fruit of any description. His feedback was required and would be used to detirmine the new Chicken Balti to be served at City.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134955&start=140" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134955&start=140</a>

Hollands have since requested his feedback on these pies, and he liked them. He even brought one to my house which i have not yet sampled.

I am sorry to start a new thread but surely this is Bluemoon's finest hour? And Didsberry Blue our unlikely champion? As a group, with DB as our leader, we have succesfully changed the flavour of the best loved pie at COMS.

This is not a pisstake as many seem to think, it is real.

Think of Didsberry Blue when you bit into your new, fruit-free, not-excessively sweet, spicy CB pie at a home game in the near future.

Pearcey said:
Didsbury. Not Didsberry.

Apart from that well done.

I think the OP may be aware of the correct spelling of Didsbury as it is part of his username!!

Is that you clarkie?

Edit: damn was beaten to it

Pearcey said:
Didsbury. Not Didsberry.

Doesn't my user name give you a slight clue as to the fact that I know how to spell Didsbury?!?!?

His user name is Didsberry Blue. You'll have to ask him why.

Didsbury Dave said:
Pearcey said:
Didsbury. Not Didsberry.

Doesn't my user name give you a slight clue as to the fact that I know how to spell Didsbury?!?!?

His user name is Didsberry Blue. You'll have to ask him why.

He porked a Berry?

You'd be surprised how much power the users of the forum have. Look at the banner, the news reports that are wrote after reading posts here, the club reading about Freddie getting hit at the Celtic game, Sultanagate, and this is all in the past two weeks.

As long as people go about things sensibly, and politely, companies are bound to respond when seeing large consumer requests for a product.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.