Summer Transfers

Attack- Paulo Dybala, Julian Brandt
Midfield- Isco, Mahmoud Dahoud
Defense- Alex Grimaldo, Theo and Lucas Hernandez, Fabinho
Goalkeeper- Rulli

Gone/Sold: Zab, Clichy, Sagna, Toure, Navas, Fernando, Delph, Hart, Willy, Mangala, Bony, Aguero

Why do people like Isco so much? We've got KDB, Sterling, Sané, Silva, Gundogan and Jesus who are all better than him.

Realistically we should look for Pep to add 4/5 players, we just added 6 last window for starters and depth. We should expect Toure to receive a new contract, and Pep will decide what to do with Zabs. Of the old 1st team players returning from loan Nasri looks to be the only one that could stay with how he has thrived in Sampaoli's system in Sevilla and then possibly Denayer/Maffeo.

We know both fullback positions will need upgrades, Maffeo could slide in as the backup RB and we still have Kolarov for another year at LB.

Depending on what Pep wants to do for CB, since Mangala is 80% being sold and Denayer/Tosin decision up in the air + Kompany's health, we could see another CB added that can play the Long Balls from the back that Pep wants ontop of being a rock in defense.

GK and CM/DM could be the last additions, Rulli's buyback should be activated in the summer immediately so he can learn everything he can from Pep, and then another CM/DM won't hurt with having to wait for Gundogan to return and the uncertainty of what could happen with Delph/Fernando/Toure.

whoever we buy has to be top class and ready for the team from the start! would be nice to see a couple of worldies signed as well!

this was my hopeful list

Ederson
Bernat
Fabinho
Laporte
Rakitic
Weigl
Isco

Why do people like Isco so much? We've got KDB, Sterling, Sané, Silva, Gundogan and Jesus who are all better than him.
Idk tbh, I just generally like Isco's game. Plus he will add cover with Gundogan's health issues and Merlin's ankles always seem problematic.

Spoilers

In previous seasons we've usually had a thread on each big summer signing by late March if not earlier.

Have a look at the thread list and that should give us an idea of where we're heading.

I am not going to believe for one second that Sergio will be sold next summer. Nope.

I think we only need GK, full backs, centre back (unless Komps can prove he can stay fit for the rest of this season) and defensive midfielder.

Ideally:
Hart return from loan (unlikely I know)
Danny Rose
Aymeric Laporte
Ivan Rakitic

And a right back, no idea who though.

We don't need anyone else, just keep Kun and give Yaya another year.

I think we only need GK, full backs, centre back (unless Komps can prove he can stay fit for the rest of this season) and defensive midfielder.

Ideally:
Hart return from loan (unlikely I know)
Danny Rose
Aymeric Laporte
Ivan Rakitic

And a right back, no idea who though.

We don't need anyone else, just keep Kun and give Yaya another year.
Agree with numbers and positions, but it wont be Hart, Rose wouldn't leave spurs for us,, Rakatic isnt the sort of midfielder we need.
For me ideally it would be
GK.
Bernat,
Laporte or Van dijk
Weigl
Fabinho

Agree with numbers and positions, but it wont be Hart, Rose wouldn't leave spurs for us,, Rakatic isnt the sort of midfielder we need.
For me ideally it would be
GK.
Bernat,
Laporte or Van dijk
Weigl
Fabinho
Same, spot on with numbers and pos.
At GK, I like the look of Ederson Moraes, really good passer of the ball and a good shot stopper from what I've heard.

for LB, Bernat is decent going forward but I don't think he's that good to be our no.1 CL LB. Having said that he's definitely better than what we already have. But I'd rather have Rose, I think he is really good both in attack and lately at defense plus he helps our HG quota.

for CB, I really rate Koulibaly even though he's not been linked with us, but I don't know if he is the type of player Pep would go for. So, I'd be happy with either of Laporte or Van Dijk.

Fabinho would be immense because he can cover both CDM and FB position, same with Sidibe. Bakayoko is a good shout too, interestingly all from Monaco.

Weigl is another one, I think he could be Busquets 2.0 for us and Pep.

I'd be over the moon if we manage to have a window like this. It would certainly cost fortune to get some of these though.

Same, spot on with numbers and pos.
At GK, I like the look of Ederson Moraes, really good passer of the ball and a good shot stopper from what I've heard.

for LB, Bernat is decent going forward but I don't think he's that good to be our no.1 CL LB. Having said that he's definitely better than what we already have. But I'd rather have Rose, I think he is really good both in attack and lately at defense plus he helps our HG quota.

for CB, I really rate Koulibaly even though he's not been linked with us, but I don't know if he is the type of player Pep would go for. So, I'd be happy with either of Laporte or Van Dijk.

Fabinho would be immense because he can cover both CDM and FB position, same with Sidibe. Bakayoko is a good shout too, interestingly all from Monaco.

Weigl is another one, I think he could be Busquets 2.0 for us and Pep.

I'd be over the moon if we manage to have a window like this. It would certainly cost fortune to get some of these though.
It all depends how much change we have left over from the Messi transfer fee. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.