Sunday Supplement 17/18

He means if we get pinned back in our half we won’t be able to defend, thing is the way we play we don’t get pinned back in our own half because of our possession of the ball! Be interesting if we ever have a team that dominate possession against us.

The Napoli test will be very interesting

don't know if anyone's brave/foolish enough to try and pin us in our own half with Ederson in goal, KDB in midfield and Sane/Sterling on the wings

Agreed but they seem to have massive self belief at the moment so it will be a stern test

Just listened to the pod and Ducker (normally such a cockroach) was positively gushing. Sounded genuine as well:

"He (KDB) is my favourite player in the Premier League. I could sit there and watch him all day...my twitter feed was going on and on from United fans saying it only Stoke like it doesn't matter and Uniteds problem last year was they couldn't beat these sides.

KDB yesterday was operating at such a level at that times everyone was struggling to catch their breath...Fernadinho scored a sensational strike from 30 yards and it didn't even get in the top 3 goals in the game because there were 3 passes from KDB that honestly just left you open mouthed...his disguised pass for the 2nd which literally sent everyone in the stadium the otherway including the stoke defenders (and the press box) was incredible...and there were a couple of balls into the box ...put into a place impossible to defend...his weight of pass is as good as anything I've ever seen...

It is an intoxicating combination (mini gush about Silva) ...they were just marvellous to watch yesterday City honestly ..i know they were at home and stoke were poor but they were just x factor
"

Just listened to the pod and Ducker (normally such a cockroach) was positively gushing. Sounded genuine as well:

"He (KDB) is my favourite player in the Premier League. I could sit there and watch him all day...my twitter feed was going on and on from United fans saying it only Stoke like it doesn't matter and Uniteds problem last year was they couldn't beat these sides.

KDB yesterday was operating at such a level at that times everyone was struggling to catch their breath...Fernadinho scored a sensational strike from 30 yards and it didn't even get in the top 3 goals in the game because there were 3 passes from KDB that honestly just left you open mouthed...his disguised pass for the 2nd which literally sent everyone in the stadium the otherway including the stoke defenders (and the press box) was incredible...and there were a couple of balls into the box ...put into a place impossible to defend...his weight of pass is as good as anything I've ever seen...

It is an intoxicating combination (mini gush about Silva) ...they were just marvellous to watch yesterday City honestly ..i know they were at home and stoke were poor but they were just x factor
"

The enthusiasm in his voice was hard to miss. OK, so he's a United fan - but he's obviously a football fan too. He clearly loved what he was watching. It reflects well on him.

The enthusiasm in his voice was hard to miss. OK, so he's a United fan - but he's obviously a football fan too. He clearly loved what he was watching. It reflects well on him.

Agree with you totally. It was just such a surprise for me because of some of the crap I've heard from him in the past:)

Even his summary was objective when quizzed about the difference between last year and this year when Ashton pressing on the money spent:

• Guardiola and his methods highly complex and take time - some get it really quickly - others it takes a year or so - so players understanding methods
  • Full backs make a huge difference - Kyle Walker has been fantastic
  • Ederson made huge difference
  • John Stones - excellent last 6 weeks or so - seriously good - aggressive - faith in Ederson - making light of Kompany missing
  • Jesus - back fit
  • Bernardo Silva cant get in the side..credit to Sterling and guardiola is making Sterling a far, far better player
  • All very well thought through, all well oiled, key additions in key areas to allow him to play (much more like a Guardiola team)
  • Full backs crucial...
  • unselfish running to create space is phenomenal
  • ... interchanging positions is remarkable ...

I have no objection to a pundit or journalist being a supporter of any club, so long as they're honest, subjective and unbiased in their assessment

I have no objection to a pundit or journalist being a supporter of any club, so long as they're honest, subjective and unbiased in their assessment

Indeed. It would a bit peculiar if they weren't a supporter of a club - they'd have to be football fans in the first place.

For years most of these hacks have been spewing vitriolic bowel-matter at us whilst simultaneously praising the rags for anything and everything. Now the BlueMoon is rising and the vermin are going down quicker than the Hindenburg they're singing a different tune.

I'm not going to forgive and forget too quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.