Sunday Supplement 17/18

Shows you the quality and standard of english refs when not 1 has been selected for the world cup

And it’s not as though the refs from Spain, Italy and Germany are all elite class. Referees aren’t great across the entire continent (to say nothing of those from elsewhere) so for English referees to fall below that pretty low standard is just diabolical.

And it’s not as though the refs from Spain, Italy and Germany are all elite class. Referees aren’t great across the entire continent (to say nothing of those from elsewhere) so for English referees to fall below that pretty low standard is just diabolical.

And explains so much ?

true and kompany was setup in the media when fergie and united moaned about him going in 2 footed you knew it was coming

i really think the (FA ref's) are under orders to let things go when manchester city are in town they don't want city running away with the league
the last 3 really bad tackles are red cards and the sane one was so clear what the player was going to do even the KDB one when he jump the tackle put still got clipped was a red card. if the other players can not reach the level of the best players city have and then take them out then the game is bent in england

funny thing is in all the year fergie and united was running away with leagues and cups teams never did what they are doing to city. players like giggs and the rest was protected by the officials and they knew a late tackle or dirty tackle was a early bath so why don't they protect the city players
I think the same thing has happened to Arsenal in recent times post Viera. I sensed at times yesterday players didn’t hang onto the ball for fear of being clattered. I applaud where the media are raising the profile of this and it’s not being ignored. At the end of the day we want the best football, best players and best managers in this country not cloggers and kickers.

I think the same thing has happened to Arsenal in recent times post Viera. I sensed at times yesterday players didn’t hang onto the ball for fear of being clattered. I applaud where the media are raising the profile of this and it’s not being ignored. At the end of the day we want the best football, best players and best managers in this country not cloggers and kickers.

the thing is its ok to get in the faces and be strong in the tackles and ruff us up that's fine but the dirty stuff that's been going on with the city players is a joke and the ref's turning a blind eye to it is cheating and they know what they are doing with giving a yellow to cover there backs. the sane one in the cup was shocking and a leg breaker if not for the balance and speed of the sane. why have your studs and foot pointed up you know the ball is never in the picture and your never getting it the only thing he was getting was the man and intent to hurt sane shocking by the player and shocking by the ref

like i said before united in there pomp and the likes of giggs and others they was the best team and players knew you could not touch them so why is it ok for the others to play dirty now with manchester city and pep's team. its about 10 or more bad tackles this season that should have been given red cards to the player and some even was not given a yellow. it must be getting to the players that your a marked man and unprotected from a bad tackle and injury at any moment

Just watch the "performance" of Mike Riley as ref at OT for the Arsenal match when Arsenal were assaulted and their unbeaten run ended. Not a fan of The Arse or The Whinger but that's the same Mike Riley who is charge of refereeing now. If he can run a game like that one then all bets are off when it comes to being fair now.

I remember watching that game tbd, their was something very sinister about the officials performance ok I’ll say it it was it was totally bent it gave Riley lots of brownie points with taggart

Just watch the "performance" of Mike Riley as ref at OT for the Arsenal match when Arsenal were assaulted and their unbeaten run ended. Not a fan of The Arse or The Whinger but that's the same Mike Riley who is charge of refereeing now. If he can run a game like that one then all bets are off when it comes to being fair now.

Remember that. Completely bent. Almost like Riley was advised that making sure the rags win would advance his career. What’s he doing these days....

I thought Ashton looked most hurt that none of the rest supported any of his attempts at criticising Guardiola, and his fervent support for Neville as a fount of all wisdom. That's the Neville who thinks Mane shouldn't have been sent of against us.

the thing is its ok to get in the faces and be strong in the tackles and ruff us up that's fine but the dirty stuff that's been going on with the city players is a joke and the ref's turning a blind eye to it is cheating and they know what they are doing with giving a yellow to cover there backs. the sane one in the cup was shocking and a leg breaker if not for the balance and speed of the sane. why have your studs and foot pointed up you know the ball is never in the picture and your never getting it the only thing he was getting was the man and intent to hurt sane shocking by the player and shocking by the ref.
Exactly. Some people (and I think Ashton was one of them, although it may have been a different podcast) equate Pep's complaints with demands for football to become a "namby pamby" non-contact sport. It's nonsense. Pep isn't saying he wants a ban on tackling, just for referees to start clamping down on the stuff that is clearly over the top.

If they do that, the players will start regulating themselves to a certain extent, but at the moment it seems to be a free for all on our lads. You can be a tough, hard tackler without resorting to assaults like those recent ones on Sane, KDB and Diaz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.