Sunday trading

pominoz said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
pominoz said:
People will be made to work weekends, this "they have a choice" is bullshit, as you know.
Most businesses dont work Saturdays although there is no restriction on that. Unless you work in retail etc Saturday and Sunday is overtime rate.

Cant see it being changed though as we are a Christian country apparently
Why should retail be exempt?
Because I dont want to go shopping on a Wednesday afternoon

BoyBlue_1985 said:
pominoz said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Most businesses dont work Saturdays although there is no restriction on that. Unless you work in retail etc Saturday and Sunday is overtime rate.

Cant see it being changed though as we are a Christian country apparently

So it is all about you and your needs?
If most retail sales are made on a Saturday that suits you, those that work on that day should be compensated for it.

pominoz said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
pominoz said:

So it is all about you and your needs?
If most retail sales are made on a Saturday that suits you, those that work on that day should be compensated for it.
While that was a joke even though I wouldn't want to shop when I should be working I have only ever known normal pay for retail work on Saturdays, its what I got and most places on Sundays too. I dont know if it has ever been different? Most Saturday and Sunday workers are young part timers anyway and thats the only days they can work

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.