Sunderland Relegated

Feeling the love from you all....thanks Karen.

I know you've all been there...that's why Sunderland "get" the whole City thing...we used to be very similar.

They'll always be my team, and my sons (poor kids)... we will dash ourselves down, and hopefully celebrate wins at Oakwell etc....

Sorry to see Sunderland go Stockport Mackem. I wish you a speedy return, coming back much stronger. Indeed commiserations to Sunderland and your brilliant fans. I will never forget Sunderland fans' great sportsmanship at Wembley in 2014, and the 15,000 highly vocal Mackems on the day they got relegated at Maine Road in 1991. They were awesome that day too, long after the final whistle had gone you could here them on the way back to town. I blame the FA for this season. The FA made it extremely hard for Sunderland to stay up when they took Allardyce in pre-season and once Moyes rocked up, with his negativity, no chance. Sunderland fans deserve far, far better. Good luck to them and I wish them a swift return.

If I'm not mistaken, when that happened I recall Sunderland fans saying that United fans who were moaning about it had short memories as they themselves took the piss out of Sunderland fans when you went down. I'm guessing they were referring to the 2006 relegation - think you went down with a very low points total and played United around Easter time at Old Trafford so could've been that game where they were giving it out. It wouldn't surprise me one bit with that lot so how they can cry a few years later about Sunderland fans getting their own back is beyond me.

I'm not saying our own fans are perfect in situations like that but on the occasions I have seen us play teams that went down on the day, our fans have tended to be a bit more respectful. 1991 at Maine Road when we played you - Sunderland had around 15,000 there and apart from the odd dick or two singing "going down" to the Mackems at half-time, City and Sunderland fans were swapping shirts at the end. 2012 when we played Wolves away - we have quite a lot of recent history with Wolves fans off the pitch but that was all forgotten and we applauded their fans in the closing stages of the match. We all have our teams that we like/dislike, but I think unless it's a proper hated rival, taking the piss out of a set of fans after they've gone down is out of order. I remember when we played Ipswich away in 2001, lost 2-1 which confirmed our relegation, and some gimp in their end had a banner proclaiming "You are the weakest link - goodbye". Fucking Ipswich - it's hardly like we had a big rivalry with them. Thankfully that clown got his/her just desserts the following season when we went there in the FA Cup and slapped them 4-1. Not only that, they got relegated and we passed them on the way back up. They've been in the Championship ever since.

Anyway, sorry to see you go mate - always had a soft spot for Sunderland since that 1991 game and hope you get back up at the first attempt.

I've never forgiven Ipshit for that. I relish their every failure.

It's got to be a concern, their owner does seem to have given up so could well off-load to anyone who'll have them regardless of suitability or genuine good intentions for the club. Then again I did think Villa would drop straight through the Championship this season as well but they appeared to have stabilised a bit now so what do I know!
A lot on here thought the same thing about Villa ( i know I did), but Bruce seems to have steadied the ship. With a few decent signings in the summer, they could be worth a sneaky fiver for promotion next season.

A lot on here thought the same thing about Villa ( i know I did), but Bruce seems to have steadied the ship. With a few decent signings in the summer, they could be worth a sneaky fiver for promotion next season.

...except many of us couldn't care less about Villa and their pathetic collective support and treatment of Delph, Barry etc.

I remember in the early 90's Sunderland being relegated on the last day at Maine Rd and the Kippax singing "You"ll be back" I thought the Sunderland fans were great that day until a Raoul Most lookalike tried to dig my pal in an entry behind the ground. Fair play to his pals though they pulled him back thanked us for our camaraderie and gave him a slap.

As much as I feel for @Stockport mackem and all Sunderland supporters, there has been a certain inevitablity to this all season.

As others have said, if BFS had stayed, it might have been different, but gollum really wasn't the right man. If I were Ellis Short, the useless pisscan wannabe would be out the door first thing Monday morning.

Can't say i really like Sunderland, my first ever City match was against them, Don Hutchinson scored a quickly taken free-kick and it was a terrible game, we lost 1-0.

I don't feel too bad for the fans either to be honest, if they get their act together for a promotion push next season should be much more exciting and rewarding than continually treading water. It's nice to watch your team actually win some games.

It's any staff that end up losing their jobs that get my sympathy, imagine having your livelihood in the hands of footballers of all people. Hopefully the parachute payments will help keep their jobs, and the club manage to get rid of the over paid, mediocre players that they've been spunking millions on instead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.