Sunderland Thread 2015/2016

I look forward to seeing Sunderland fans "Dick out!" Campaign.

Sunderland have been made odds-on favourite to be relegated from the Premier League - by their own shirt sponsor, Dafabet.

That's got to hurt. Even with those of them that agree!

Bollocks. The North East is a spectacular part of the UK. Especially Northumberland which is full of history and one of the most unspoilt regions of England.

As for SAFC I would suggest they're nailed-on relegation fodder which is unfortunate as they're a great club.

It IS a beautiful part of the world, but probably not for a 20 year old multi-millionaire from another country.
I just don't think the majority such young men are going to choose a rugged and beautiful landscape over the bright lights and girls of capital cities.

Nope..you are spot on...

We effectively start this season with our new additions being, Kaboul (replacing Vergini), M'Vila, and Lens (replacing Wickham).
What kept us up last season, was our strong defence....
This season we have leaked 7 goals n 2 games...Leicester (a), and Norwich (h).

Are we like City in the old days?
I've always said that we have an appreciation of City, given that 10/15 yrs ago, our histories were very similar.
City has since went into orbit....and we haven't moved.
Que sera sera, going to be a bloody long season.

Once we get forward we are OK. We have the players with good movement on the ball. I think the MotD highlight picks that up. Ola Toivonen I thought did well controlling the middle. As did M'Vila and Lens. It is just the back where we disappoint. Van Aarnholt is rubbish, I think Brown is past it, Coates is hit-miss and Cattermole in defense is a liability as we saw. What the hell did he think he was doing?! John O'Shea is the only decent defender we have I would say.

Whatmore needs to start more and I think Lynden Gooch should be given games. This gives credence to the idea that as someone said earlier we need a blend of youth and decent experience and not rely on the sort of players we have.

About City. I hear all the time people say about City's spending and the size of the club. But they are an entirely self-made club. They forget the 98-99 season. They forget when they lost to teams like Preston, Lincoln City and Wycombe Wanderers and drew to teams like Chesterfield, Northampton and Bristol Rovers in Division Two. They forget players like Kevin Horlock, Jeff Whitley, Nicky Summerbee, Craig Russell (all of whom who we know well) and Nick Fenton. Hardly world-class names. It is only since the turn of the century that MCFC have grown as a club.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.