Support For Hughes

Braggster said:
jay_mcfc said:
absolutely atrocious, some of the worst 'football' I've seen at the new ground, much worse than anything under Pearce. The fact we have some brilliant individuals who created and scored a couple of great goals only really papered over the cracks. That's gonna get shot down, I know how daft it sounds but it's certainly my opinion on what happened yesterday.

Yep, it's daft. Absolute rubbish in fact. Worse than Pearce! HAHAHAHA!

Haha brilliant editing of 'in the first half......'

Still, no-one has managed to say why Hughes should be given time rather than being given time for times sake

jay_mcfc said:
Braggster said:
Yep, it's daft. Absolute rubbish in fact. Worse than Pearce! HAHAHAHA!

Haha brilliant editing of 'in the first half......'

Still, no-one has managed to say why Hughes should be given time rather than being given time for times sake

Funny, that when people do give you reasons why Hughes should be given time, you dismiss them.

For example, does seem a bit farcical that when we win, it's got nothing to do with Hughes in your opinion, and simply down to the talented players we have. But when we lose, it's nothing to do with the players, and everything to do with the manager.

@Scorer,

Whilst I wholeheartedly disagree with your stance on Hughes and think that he has never really stood a chance with you, I am sometimes impressed by your insistence and often impressed with the fact that you do at least attempt to qualify your feelings with good solid arguments.

However, this thread is a blatant attempt to goad those of us who support the manager. It's just unnecessary mate.

jay_mcfc said:
What I want to know is why Hughes' supporters think he is good enough to manage us and give us reasons as to why he should be our manager rather than giving him time because that would be a nice and sensible thing to do.

Yesterday the first half was absolutely atrocious, some of the worst 'football' I've seen at the new ground, much worse than anything under Pearce. The fact we have some brilliant individuals who created and scored a couple of great goals only really papered over the cracks. That's gonna get shot down, I know how daft it sounds but it's certainly my opinion on what happened yesterday.

That is my full quote. Nothing even like what I'm being accused of.

Welcome back scorer have you got over your little incident now
Tantrum-1.jpg

Old thread that was "bumped" Mike.

Jay did it to reinforce what he had said about Hughes' team being the worst at COMS.

;-)

Mike D said:
Welcome back scorer have you got over your little incident now
Tantrum-1.jpg

Shame he's not back IMO.

Very extreme views on Hughes, and sometimes seemed to be setting out on a wind-up mission, but there is plenty of them on here. Scorer bled blue blood and his threads were always entertaining, if 'slightly' infuriating to some.

jay_mcfc said:
mackenzie said:
Old thread that was "bumped" Mike.

Jay did it to reinforce what he had said about Hughes' team being the worst at COMS.

;-)

Jay did it to reinforce you were wrong.

Hahaha!!

Happy New Year Jay.x

I've had plenty of moments where I wanted him out and others where I was more reasonable to give him time. I don't always agree with his team selection but at points we haven't had too much to work with. We have a very skint striker selection, had some bad form from our defenders and terrible end play to some of our games. Not all can be blamed on the Manager sometimes its a bit more to it. I think we should give him until the end of the season, my ultimatum to that is by the middle of the second half of the season if we are still scaping near relegation something drastic will need to be done.

Our teams coming around and from the looks bonding on and off the field. We still need to improve our defence as Ball's side was in particular very weak. Vince looked quite good, didn't see much of Richards but loved Dunne's impressive run that game. Hughes has only one session in the transfer market with us and one day with the big cash. He's brought a very talented defender Kompany, a fabulous striker Robinho, and a consistent winger SWP. I think with positive results in January we will be looking at a much better selection of strikers than those of Vassell, Evans, Benjani, Jo, and the constantly injured Boijnov. The only slight exception to these may be Jo and Benjani. Jo has yet to impress me but I can see the skill and speed in him. However he is muuch to light and is constantly picking himself up off the floor. Benjani just isn't good enough to play for us. A fair striker but nothing great. He is a hardworker but not good enough.

With some strength up front and variety, 1-2 better defenders starter and back-up, also perhaps a bit more strength midfield and we should be looking at a class team. For me it's 2 defenders, 2 forwards, 1 midfielder. Given January does well, the team keeps together, and we continue to give our support, ... I see a great second half to the season. The league is close and that is clear when with 1 win and some teams lose we could easily be 5 spots up. We have talent, he've had some bad form and mentality, and some key injuries. However put down your torches come together and keep up the spirit and I know City won't let us down. CTID!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.