Surreal Moments at City Games

WBA away late 80's. It was at the peak of the inflatables - I remember a big fight between a blow-up doll, Frankenstein, a shark and a banana - then an inflatable bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale pitched in to the tune of "You Dirty Geordie Bastard"
Hopkins the ex-City player came over to us to take a corner, saw it and just shook his head in dis-belief.

Anybody remember villa away in the cup Micahs last min equaliser.?

At half time, in the City end ,,and below the stand , someone opened a door out of curiosity..and walked into the Villa trophy/ boardroom.!!!

Blues piled in to have their photos took in front of The European Cup,sit at the boardroom table all the while shouting in absolute disbelief..we then found a mini fridge with a padlock on it,but that was off quick as a flash and cans of lager were being handed out all around the Boardroom blues..surreal indeed.( we were 1nil down at the time and couldn't have been happier..)

It took ages for dozy Villa security to cotton on,and by then the damage had been done

Crazy at Half time and crazy at Full when Michas header soared in, right in front of away end....I didn't see it as already on my way across the car park but joined in a crazy jig of delight with Blues who had also left early.
Top day out

I think I saw the police sergeant catch a brick one handed in the space between the away fans in the old kippax but I could just be making it up.

Paul Dickov arguing with City fans whilst the game was still going on. Lomas having a hard-on after ?scoring? (Im sure that happened). Liam and noel coming right over to where we were sat for whatever they were there for. Opposition fans sat with City fans is quite surreal for me and infammatory (Apparently I have to not react wtf).
Lomas’ raging stonker was after he’d scored in that wonderful 5-2 game against Spurs - you didn’t just dream it!

Spurs at home ref decides our new very sky blue kit is too light blue it’s clashing with Spurs shirts so we run out in second half wearing red and black striped away shirts

Still wonder at why there was a LFC flag in the score board during our Charity Shield game v WBA in 1968

Attachments

• IMG_4517.jpeg
    IMG_4517.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 48
Most surreal and funny moment I remember watching City was a preseason friendly against Rotterdam at Maine Road in 1994. We lost the game 4-2 from what I can remember, however the moment that stuck with me was Peter Beagrie picking up the ball and dribbling at the full back. Suddenly there’s a darting run behind him on the overlap. Beagrie for a split second thinks about the pass to the blue shirt. Except instead of having white shorts on the guy had stonewash jeans, some blue thinks he should be getting a game. He checks his run and starts begging Beagrie for the ball.

The game stops and the intruder on the pitch spends the next few minutes dodging the stewards and runs off into the empty brand new seats of the Kippax.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.