Swimming Thread

Returned to Manchester Aquatics Centre this morning. I'd had a few beers last night (only had 4, but there was no way I was missing out on International Stout Day!) so really didn't feel like a swim.
Was hard work to start off with, but after a few lengths I felt much better and glad I went.
Ended up doing another 100 x 25m lengths, which was a lot more than I anticipated when entering the pool!

Returned to Manchester Aquatics Centre this morning. I'd had a few beers last night (only had 4, but there was no way I was missing out on International Stout Day!) so really didn't feel like a swim.
Was hard work to start off with, but after a few lengths I felt much better and glad I went.
Ended up doing another 100 x 25m lengths, which was a lot more than I anticipated when entering the pool!
After a few beers, that’s well done.

Back at the Aquatics Centre this morning for some 50 metre lengths. Completed 54 in total which felt like a decent workout after a lazy Sunday.

Did my swim at the East Manchester Leisure Centre this morning as I had some bits and bobs I needed to buy from Decathlon afterwards.
I'm usually happy to stay in the double width "slow lane" here, but there was a couple swimming in tandem chatting therefore making overtaking impossible.
I therefore chose the single width "slow lane" but soon got stuck behind a lady doing a backstroke / butterfly hybrid (I didn't even know that was a thing), so shifted across to the "medium lane". There was a youngish guy in there doing super fast crawl, who I kept giving way for, but we soon decided to stay on our own side of the lane & that worked well.
Meanwhile, there was a couple of old guys swimming really slowly in the "fast lane". They weren't doing anyone any harm, but overall its probably the worst example of lane discipline I've seen anywhere in a long time!

Did my swim at the East Manchester Leisure Centre this morning as I had some bits and bobs I needed to buy from Decathlon afterwards.
I'm usually happy to stay in the double width "slow lane" here, but there was a couple swimming in tandem chatting therefore making overtaking impossible.
I therefore chose the single width "slow lane" but soon got stuck behind a lady doing a backstroke / butterfly hybrid (I didn't even know that was a thing), so shifted across to the "medium lane". There was a youngish guy in there doing super fast crawl, who I kept giving way for, but we soon decided to stay on our own side of the lane & that worked well.
Meanwhile, there was a couple of old guys swimming really slowly in the "fast lane". They weren't doing anyone any harm, but overall its probably the worst example of lane discipline I've seen anywhere in a long time!
Is that all that were in the pool? Half a dozen of you? What time was that?

Still up in Manchester for tomorrow evening's match so did my swim at the Aquatics Centre this morning.
Managed 54 x 50m lengths which adds up to 2700m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.