Swimming Thread

Went for a "Blue Monday" swim at my local leisure centre this morning. Felt crap when I started as I still have a bit of man flu, but completed 110 lengths in about 80 minutes and felt great afterwards.
The pool was pretty busy in patches, but none of the other swimmers seemed to stick around for long!
I've already completed my first 10km for the year and still enjoying it.

Just been for my first outdoor swim of the year this morning at Oasis Sports Centre near Covent Garden in London.
Was perfect conditions for it and I managed to complete 102 x 27.5m lengths which adds up to 2805m.
Went early today so wasn't t tempted to pop into the adjacent fantastic craft beer pub which doesn't open until midday!

Last edited:
Just noticed that my local council sports centre has raised the number limit for adult only sessions (ie proper lane swimming for fitness) from 30 to 60 at a time. This is for three lanes.

I suspect it's down to financial pressures but I can't see it working.

Just noticed that my local council sports centre has raised the number limit for adult only sessions (ie proper lane swimming for fitness) from 30 to 60 at a time. This is for three lanes.

I suspect it's down to financial pressures but I can't see it working.

Blimey. Will struggle getting any swimming done with 20 in each lane!

Turned up for my pre-booked swim at Hough End this morning to find a big crowd standing outside. Turned out they had just had a power failure. The receptionist didn't know if the issue would last a few minutes or a few hours so suggested everyone tried alternative nearby "Better" group facilities.
I stood around for a few minutes before deciding to take a bus to Moss Side Leisure Centre.
The receptionist at Moss Side was completely unfazed by transfering my booking and I had a nice relaxing swim in a pretty quiet pool.

Back at Oasis Sports Centre in Covent Garden this morning for a very pleasant lido swim. Then next door to the Craft Beer Co. pub to undo all the hard work!

Another nice day for a lido swim so headed to Hathersage Outdoor Pool in the Peak District.
The pool was surprisingly busy today but still managed to complete 90 x 30m lengths in the alloted time.

This morning's swim was at London Fields Lido in Hackney.
I'd only swum there once before, three years ago at the end of COVID restrictions, and right of the start of getting back into swimming.
It's a great facility with a heated 50m pool, modern changing facilities, as well as the traditional cubicles, lockers and showers at poolside. It's also very easy to get to being next to London Fields Overground station.
As is often the case in London, there was very little in the way of lane etiquette and a few passive aggressive Cockney wankers.
Saying that, the lanes were nice and wide so there was plenty of room to overtake and be overtaken.
The pool temperature was perfect for a fairly warm day and I managed to swim a steady 50 lengths (2500m).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.