Taking Bags In

I'm still amazed some entrepreneur hasn't undercut City and is making a fortune. Mind your bag mister?
We lived facing the Maine stand, the cones would be out in force right down Wykeham St, my side hustle at 6 was to manoeuvre a few inches across the board and thus squeeze another car, oh the naivety (: Invariably the back end of a Vauxhall cavalier would arse out on Lloyd st, great memories (:

For those coming up by train, Piccadilly has a left bags section, on one of the platforms (forget which number, but it's perfectly visible). As somebody who often flies in and trains in from the airport, or trains in from down south, I've often had to leave my backpack there (it's not big, but it couldn't pass for A4). It's a drag (and actually works out quite pricey) especially if your train is leaving in about ten to fifteen minutes by the time you can get back to Piccadilly (I nearly always walk it, and I'm a brisk walker, because I've calculated that the time I've walked the full length of the stadium, fighting against the tide heading for Ashton New Road, and waited for two or three trams before being able to get on, it actually takes a good thirty five to forty minutes to get back to the station). Because if you've got three or four people in front of you and they're faffing around, you can actually run the risk of missing your train.
What irritates me the most, I think, is that you pay a flat rate for an initial three hours. It then goes up quite steeply. It's almost impossible to leave the bag, walk to the stadium, watch the full match – call it 1h50 minimum with added-on time – and walk back to Piccadilly within those allotted three hours. Unless you're an early leaver, which I simply don't countenance. I always end up paying the supplement.
The bag policy, I think fairly obviously, was introduced in the wake of urban bombings, and at the time it seemed to make some sense. As such, I suspect it's a rule that's applied at every single PL ground. But it's pretty crazy, because somebody who was really determined to sow destruction would simply have their bomb strapped to their body. It's a grisly thought, but there it is.

After the Mcr bomb you were still allowed to take a small rucksack in. I know this because on evening games I came straight from work with my laptop bag with me.

This new bullshit ‘A4’ rule is new this season. It’s got nothing to do with health and safety and everything to do with ripping off fans for an extra couple of quid.

It sounds petty but between this extra £5 bag tax and the shit public transport I’ve sacked off midweek games for good. I just can’t be arsed with the hassle and being ripped off.

I also don’t particularly like the idea of leaving my £2000 laptop with some gimp in a high via jacket in a portakabin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.