Taking Bags In

I wouldn’t chance it. Took my 10 y.o. to the Wycombe game in 93:20. He had his school backpack (small). In it were his overcoat, City scalf and iPad). Security were worse than arseholes - even after he put coat & scalf on and carried his iPad - leaving his backpack empty. I folded it up and said I would carry it in like that. They still refused entry unless the backpack (now folded away) was disposed of. They suggested the lockers which would’ve meant missing a lot of the 1st half.

There were a couple of Policemen there and I asked if the backpack was a security risk, they said no and one commented “It’s City mate, they treat you like shit.” While I didn’t agree with him I felt like slapping the little teenage twat on security. What annoyed me most was the smirk on his face. I’m experienced enough in dealing with people to see that he was actually enjoying the situation. I ended up throwing the backpack in the bin (£30 wasted), called the little twat on Security a sad officious wanker and went in.

i had a very similar situation against Arsenal. security guy was a grade a tosser and no matter what i said he just seemed to want an argument and was changing the rules as he went along

Lol. 12 x 8 x 3” bags don’t even exist. It’s an A4 envelope!
Are we the only club to do this? How would the red shirt tourist fans cope after their long journeys and visit to the club shop to buy their tat?
City, please, this has to stop. Check bags if you must, but unless there is suspicion, it only needs to be one in 10 - that’s all we checked in the military when there was a heightened security alert. Ffs , old Frank bringing in a flask of bovril is neither a risk to safety or a threat to the financial stability of the club.

It does exist...I know 'cos I bought one a few years ago to get into Wembley when they introduced their A4 restrictions. I use it when I'm staying overnight, just big enough to contain travel size toiletries, change of crackers and a t-shirt for the next day.

Got it from Amazon, but it won't let me copy the link, called a Super Modern Vintage Canvas Messenger Bag

ps I know it's a crime against fashion....but needs must.

ManBag.jpg

sticking the empty backpack under coat/carrying folded bag under a jacket has worked for me in past

My Dad tried taking in a plastic Tesco carrier bag to the last home game. He had his glasses case and a City scarf in there. The steward told him because it was a branded bag he couldn't bring it in. He asked if he could fold it up and put it in his jacket and the steward said no because he'd seen it... Was a very weird interaction. The bloke was only doing his job, but taking a plastic bag off a pensioner and leaving him with nothing to carry his things in for the rest of the day is poor to say the least.

I usually take a City branded laptop case into the ground with newspapers in along with an iPad burning amongst them and have never had any problems.

I can't believe that someone local hasn't already opened up their back yard to look after bags etc for a quid.

It worked with pushbikes at Maine Road.

It's a no brainer, or Asda or somewhere local setting up a big stack of lockers like they have in supermarkets in Spain if you fetch a bag in.

My Dad tried taking in a plastic Tesco carrier bag to the last home game. He had his glasses case and a City scarf in there. The steward told him because it was a branded bag he couldn't bring it in. He asked if he could fold it up and put it in his jacket and the steward said no because he'd seen it... Was a very weird interaction. The bloke was only doing his job, but taking a plastic bag off a pensioner and leaving him with nothing to carry his things in for the rest of the day is poor to say the least.

Turn the bag inside out, no brand name. Or take the stuff out, fold the carrier bag up, fit it into a pocket, once inside put the stuff back in

Posted this last month.....

Was thinking of a new topic group - ‘Man Bags’ - but dumping it in here instead. After the long wait to get into the stadium today - one of the security bods told me my man bag - which is a small messenger bag was ‘too big’ as it needs to be A4 sized. I politely told him that I’ve been bringing it to the stadium since it opened and I refused to leave the queue. Common sense prevailed and he put a pathetic little tag on it and let me through. But he then told me the club are going to ban all bags - of any size - from next month. Now - I know this isn’t as important as why we don’t have a striker - or why we were pants today - but I travel home and away (and have done for the past 40 years) from London. I need my man bag to hold my iPad, headphones, charger and glasses case - so I can survive the 5 hours on the train to each home game. So now it appears I won’t be able to do that - now I could always downsize the iPad and get smaller headphones - irritating - but doable - but what about 87 year old Dorris who sits in front of me and brings her thermos and a cushion for the seat - and what about all the tourists buying shite from the shop - it’s as if the club is trying to make everything so difficult for us - it’s petty and deeply annoying and is of such irrelevance that City Matters won’t even organise a protest for us man bag users…anyway fellow bag carriers - you’ve been warned!!! And I feel oddly better now that’s off my chest….

Going to bring up my man bag on Saturday - and if they get arsy - I am adopting Insulate Britain's strategy and will block the turnstiles till they let me in - not felt so passionately about an issue since I joined the Swales Out protests - maybe time for a cup of tea...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.