Talksport

I was in a pub watching. Before Dzeko leveled I was certain Cityitis had struck and we'd snatch defeat from the jaws of victory yet again. When that header went in, and seeing the intent in Serg's eyes as he picked up the ball and carried it running to the centre circle, I had a sudden revelation: we will win this. I just knew. Then when Kun received that desperate pass from a prostrate Mario, ignored Taiwo stepping on his toes and just struck the ball in with conviction, I just fell down in a heap, crying. The game took out everything emotionally, and that was all I could do.

Beautiful.
I sometimes imagine the tension there would have been if Aguero went down under Taiwo's challenge and Mario steps up to take the penalty.

Had a season ticket for over 30 years and have only left early twice. Once in London when we were on the wrong end of a hiding and once at home to Liverpool, when there was a lot of injury time and I'd had to book onto an early train. I can honestly say, relegations, heavy defeats, no goals week after week, that afternoon at 90 minutes was the worst feeling I've ever had watching City. I suggested to my boy, that we left as I didn't want him to suffer the inevitable disappointment. Luckily for me, he would have none of it! You told me about Gillingham, you've been through thin and thinner, we've got to stay. Brilliant, brilliant day and I'll forever be grateful to my lad for not letting me miss it.

Had a season ticket for over 30 years and have only left early twice. Once in London when we were on the wrong end of a hiding and once at home to Liverpool, when there was a lot of injury time and I'd had to book onto an early train. I can honestly say, relegations, heavy defeats, no goals week after week, that afternoon at 90 minutes was the worst feeling I've ever had watching City. I suggested to my boy, that we left as I didn't want him to suffer the inevitable disappointment. Luckily for me, he would have none of it! You told me about Gillingham, you've been through thin and thinner, we've got to stay. Brilliant, brilliant day and I'll forever be grateful to my lad for not letting me miss it.

Out of interest, how long was it between your lad saying that and Dzeko scoring?

I swear that when Aguero scored that winner the ground for those few seconds was silent. I vividly recall hearing the ball hit the back of the nylon net and sliding along it and I was in 209, only for maybe a second or two, and then cam the delayed euphoria after nearly everyone, me included had looked across to the linesman to make sure there was no flag. Pure excstacy!

I swear that when Aguero scored that winner the ground for those few seconds was silent. I vividly recall hearing the ball hit the back of the nylon net and sliding along it and I was in 209, only for maybe a second or two, and then cam the delayed euphoria after nearly everyone, me included had looked across to the linesman to make sure there was no flag. Pure excstacy!
That would have been a brave linesman to raise his flag if it was a close call!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.