Talksport

The weekend of that game was my 40th birthday. I'd recently met this woman and fallen big time for her. On the Friday she arranged a surprise meal with all my family and booked us into a posh hotel in Barrow my home town. The next morning she gives me my gift - front row tickets to see Gerry Seinfeld at the M.E.N with a suite booked at a 5 star place in the city centre. Next morning I'm looking out over Manchester and even at 9 in the morning there was just blue shirts everywhere. The atmosphere was amazing and not a red shirt to be seen. We got home to Preston for the game and I went through every emotion possible, I went outside when it was 2-1 and cried buckets, I started smoking again.... My girlfriend dragged me in and said calmly "stop worrying, they'll do it". When Edin scored it only made it worse cos I thought we'd be so close but not enough, then when Sergio scored I tried to cheer my head off but nothing would come out! Not a bad 40th when all's said and done :-)

Daft I know, but when I watch the last few moments of Gillingham and QPR my first thoughts are.........Please don't miss. Even though I was there and also watched the replays hundreds of times.

Alan Brazil must've been on the piss last night.. he hasn't turned up for his breakfast slot on Talksport..

The weekend of that game was my 40th birthday. I'd recently met this woman and fallen big time for her. On the Friday she arranged a surprise meal with all my family and booked us into a posh hotel in Barrow my home town. The next morning she gives me my gift - front row tickets to see Gerry Seinfeld at the M.E.N with a suite booked at a 5 star place in the city centre. Next morning I'm looking out over Manchester and even at 9 in the morning there was just blue shirts everywhere. The atmosphere was amazing and not a red shirt to be seen. We got home to Preston for the game and I went through every emotion possible, I went outside when it was 2-1 and cried buckets, I started smoking again.... My girlfriend dragged me in and said calmly "stop worrying, they'll do it". When Edin scored it only made it worse cos I thought we'd be so close but not enough, then when Sergio scored I tried to cheer my head off but nothing would come out! Not a bad 40th when all's said and done :-)
Posh hotel in Barrow? Do you mean the Travel Lodge?

Back to talksport. Just had it on and Danny Dyer was on. Gone right off script asking what's the point of Cockney Reds? Says he can't understand how people who've never been north of the M25 can support them. "Might as well all support Barcelona", he said. He also mentioned that United supporters need to get over themselves. The days of Alex Ferguson are gone and they need to realise they're not coming back. His invite to the station may well be non-recurrent!

Back to talksport. Just had it on and Danny Dyer was on. Gone right off script asking what's the point of Cockney Reds? Says he can't understand how people who've never been north of the M25 can support them. "Might as well all support Barcelona", he said. He also mentioned that United supporters need to get over themselves. The days of Alex Ferguson are gone and they need to realise they're not coming back. His invite to the station may well be non-recurrent!

Well done Danny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.