Talksport

This is 100% true, the late Brian Woolnough sent me an email after I ranted at an article he wrote basically saying that they sell more papers if the story is topical and panders for their main demographic of rags, chavs, scousers and gooners.

It's not personal just business, doesn't sit right with me but I understand it now.
This doesn't explain the Ragchester Evening Bollox though. Years ago it was pretty much a 50/50 split when Paul Hince and David Meek were the City and Rag reporters respectively. Now it's 70/30 at best in favour if them.

I think there is a fair bit of filtering when it comes to radio phone in's also. 5Live have more Chelski/Dippers/Arse/Rags fans on than any other teams, even when they haven't played.

This doesn't explain the Ragchester Evening Bollox though. Years ago it was pretty much a 50/50 split when Paul Hince and David Meek were the City and Rag reporters respectively. Now it's 70/30 at best in favour if them.

I think there is a fair bit of filtering when it comes to radio phone in's also. 5Live have more Chelski/Dippers/Arse/Rags fans on than any other teams, even when they haven't played.
And you get these figures from where ???

See even the bloke they ring from Coral Bookies is in on the act now – asking him about odds this morning, they got talking about our game v the Hammers on friday – he said they were good till we got a very 'dubious' penalty, and he felt for them... then when later talking about the Rags you could almost hear him knocking one out, such was his excitement!
Well if that's how the bookies rate us, let's pester them to offer fair value odds instead of the paltry odds that they always come up with, even when we are away to one of the media's favoured Leviathans. Let them show their true feelings through their satchels.

Just seen this on another thread;

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/man-city-media-criticism-shearer-12425106

Makes a refreshing change to be honest..... Mind you, Stuart Brennan isn't too bad.

I don't know who runs their Twitter feeds, but the City feed is nothing but Click-bait. I've stopped following it now.
SB has been excellent over the years since he was ousted by Purple Nose,for daring to speak negatively ref the takeover all those years ago.He isn`t frightened of saying it how it is ref any City negatives,but he asks questions like many fans do on here.He fights our corner regularly,especially against UEFA and the FA and nice to see him having a spat at the moment on Twitter with Shearer,asking him why he hasn`t had the balls to come out and slate Liverpool off,for playing 10 different players in their FA Cup game yesterday.He slagged City off last year for the team MP put out,a a couple of days before an important CL game.
Well done SB and even James Robson has done some positive material on us.

I had talkrag on for a bit. they were claiming Liverpool disrespected the fa cup with the side they put out. cue rag (cockney) caller. its a disgrace that Liverpool didn't treat the fa cup with the respect it deserves. he continued, "you put a side out to get through and worry about the fixtures later"

er, er, nah I wont ring in and educate him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.