Talksport

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by manimanc, 3 Nov 2014.

1. Ghandi's Flip Flops

Ghandi's Flip Flops

Even though everyone seems to criticise Talksport, it looks to me as if they must now be doing something right.

6-12 months ago this thread would just tick over with only a couple of posts every few days on a good week.

Now it's getting numerous of posts per day, so Mr shouty bollocks white & durham & co, even if theyre on a wind-up or click baiting it seems to be having the desired effect from their point of view.

2. GAZZA

GAZZA

But to be fair to the token female - she was the only one on the station that alluded to twitcher 'arry's dodginess - thus not towing the station's official line of him being a diamond geezer.

3. PW

PW

When we signed young English players in my opinion they were given a fair crack of the whip. Johnson got plenty of game time, but it was his lax attitude that let him down, so we got rid. I think the club's decision to do so has been more than justified in light of his subsequent conviction, which casts serious doubt on his overall character.

Rodwell was also given a fair chance, but through combination of injuries and simply not being good enough, it didn't work out. Again that decision has proved to be the right one as he struggled at Sunderland and continued to be plagued with injuries.

The reason we bought these players is because the squad rules forced us to. None of them were really ever likely to dislodge the players they were competing with, so really you could blame the rule makers for forcing our hand in having to balance the squad.

What do they expect us to do when they don't work out, maybe continue to play sub standard players, who couldn't step up to the next level just because they are young and English. Keep playing them regardless of it being to the detriment of the team costing us games and points. It's media myth about young players being ruined when they come to City when the simple reason is that they just didn't step up to the plate.

4. dickie davies

dickie davies

Tag team wrestler
    Ah Georgie Bingham who, when discussing the ruination of young England footballers, told us that Micah Richards' England career was pretty much ended when he signed for Manchester City

5. asahartford1

asahartford1

One of the male pundits said that mooys academy career was going nowhere at city so had to leave for first team football.
    Wasn't long ago but not sure which one it was.

6. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Well, he never made the academy team, did he? So on that basis, the comment was technically correct in the same way that David Silva's Portugal career has never taken off.

7. asahartford1

asahartford1

Ha ha,

You never know though he has time on his side.

8. Cityfan

Cityfan

Whatcha mean it never took off, pretty sure I saw his name down twice on the Portuguese team sheet only the other day.

9. Henkeman

Henkeman

It's his Sri Lankan Test career that impresses me most.

10. Cityfan

Cityfan

Absolutely a man of many parts, doing a decent job in his spare time with Watford and all.