The 100/104 goal chase

things wont change until every other club employs a "pep" style of attacking manager!! Which isnt going to happen because just surviving in the prem league is all that most owners want and they dont give a shit what type of "style" is employed :-(

things wont change until every other club employs a "pep" style of attacking manager!! Which isnt going to happen because just surviving in the prem league is all that most owners want and they dont give a shit what type of "style" is employed :-(
Yeah, I agree with that. Every time an Allardyce or Pardew is employed, it makes our games more frustrating in the long run. Every bold managerial appointment needs to be applauded and encouraged. We need more Marco Silva's in the league.

???? You think they'd rather a 4 or 5-goal defeat than being at 1-1 in the 80th minute? It will be like this until Pep leaves us in however many years time.

Yes. We will still win plenty of games by 4 or 5, but they will usually be the games in which we get an early goal.

No manager will (or should) set up a team to go toe to toe with us without the personnel to do so.

Yes. We will still win plenty of games by 4 or 5, but they will usually be the games in which we get an early goal.

No manager will (or should) set up a team to go toe to toe with us without the personnel to do so.
Yeah, I agree with that. Every time an Allardyce or Pardew is employed, it makes our games more frustrating in the long run. Every bold managerial appointment needs to be applauded and encouraged. We need more Marco Silva's in the league.

These managers are employed by sides in trouble and there sole job is to achieve survival which they have a history of doing so of course they will set up especially away from home to minimise goal threats and the best way they know how to do this is keep as many players behind the ball for as long as possible.

If you can be entertaining as you survive its a bonus but its not what they are paid to do.

These managers are employed by sides in trouble and there sole job is to achieve survival which they have a history of doing so of course they will set up especially away from home to minimise goal threats and the best way they know how to do this is keep as many players behind the ball for as long as possible.

If you can be entertaining as you survive its a bonus but its not what they are paid to do.
Yeah. Hull appointed Marco Silva in a bold move but despite him impressing, they didn't stay up. We could have done with him keeping them up to show clubs there is a better way than Sam Allardyce.

Yeah. Hull appointed Marco Silva in a bold move but despite him impressing, they didn't stay up. We could have done with him keeping them up to show clubs there is a better way than Sam Allardyce.

To be fair, I think Hull's failure to stay up was more to do with how far behind they were when he joined and they probably would have stayed up with him in charge from the start of the season. He's showing that now as a fair few people tipped Watford to struggle. Also, for all his faults, I don't think Allardyce is the chief purveyor of anti football that some make him out to be.

To be fair, I think Hull's failure to stay up was more to do with how far behind they were when he joined and they probably would have stayed up with him in charge from the start of the season. He's showing that now as a fair few people tipped Watford to struggle. Also, for all his faults, I don't think Allardyce is the chief purveyor of anti football that some make him out to be.
I actually tried to find out how many points they were behind when he joined and I struggled. One article I read said they were only 3 points off safety, but I couldn't verify that using another source. I don't think they were as cut adrift as has since been claimed, but I might be wrong, I can't remember and am only going off an article at the time.

I actually tried to find out how many points they were behind when he joined and I struggled. One article I read said they were only 3 points off safety, but I couldn't verify that using another source. I don't think they were as cut adrift as has since been claimed, but I might be wrong, I can't remember and am only going off an article at the time.

They were 3 points from safety when Silva arrived and they finished 6 points behind Watford in 17th, losing their last 6 games.

Before that losing streak they were actually a few points above the relegation zone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.