The Added Time Debate

That was some of the most blatant time wasting I’ve ever seen in pushing 40 years of watching football. The referee was a joke, it should have been a word with the captain early on telling him there would be consequences if it continued but he did squat.

The worst one was whenCedric was down for two minutes, Forster waited til the ref turned around and signalled to him to carry on before starting his well practiced time wasting routine, touching the socks, checking his studs for non-existent mud etc.

You really hope the Referee review process makes him fully aware of what he needs to do in the future. I’d love to know how many minutes the ball was actually in play...

Southampton's approach was what you used to see years ago from a team going into the away leg of a European tie with a 1-0 lead from the home leg.

You must have watched a different game than him.

"3rd, contrary to most of the opinion here, there really wasn't much time wasting at all. This is another tribe mentality fallacy".
What about when their Goalie threw the ball behind the net when it had gone out for a corner. he threw it there to stop our player picking it up. The awful ref did speak to him then but didn't book him.

refs are too lenient on time wasting, in both halves. Those who time waste cannot complain about added time. 5 minutes + was being kind to the way Southampton wasted time during the game.

It was around 10 minutes when Dean told their goalie to speed up. He continued to time waste with impunity thereafter, apart from the very last one at the end, where he was cheered ironically.

One thing I did notice was that almost every time Wet Spam had a goal kick, apart from the time wasting, Dean turned his back and faced towards the City goal. It seemed to me that he was thinking "if I don't see it, then it isn't happening". Spineless. Also, does the 6 second rule still apply for holding on to the ball? If so, why isn't it applied?

It was around 10 minutes when Dean told their goalie to speed up. He continued to time waste with impunity thereafter, apart from the very last one at the end, where he was cheered ironically.

One thing I did notice was that almost every time Wet Spam had a goal kick, apart from the time wasting, Dean turned his back and faced towards the City goal. It seemed to me that he was thinking "if I don't see it, then it isn't happening". Spineless. Also, does the 6 second rule still apply for holding on to the ball? If so, why isn't it applied?
It's an art form, turn away & talk to a player so they can pretend to be distracted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.