The Added Time Debate

Agree about the ref last night. I'm not one to talk about refs too much as I think they do an impossible job at times, but last night he seemed to only give fouls based on how loud the player screamed when they went down (Long found that out early on).

Mackey against West Ham gave the longest advantage I've ever seen before pulling it back for a free kick to them.

He was a fucking nobody given a supposed easy game and couldn't handle it. Only his 4th game this season in the prem and none of the others involved a top 6 side. The standard of refs is just shit.

If we assume that 3 minutes is pretty standard for most games, then just before injury time was given, there was an injury to the a Southampton player (I'm sure he'll be fine for the next match) that took two minutes to deal with. So there's your 5 minutes before you even consider all of the other time wasting they did. In fact, when we eventually scored, I was worried he was going to give them another minute to try and get one back because of all the time wasting they did in injury time.

He was a fucking nobody given a supposed easy game and couldn't handle it. Only his 4th game this season in the prem and none of the others involved a top 6 side. The standard of refs is just shit.

I got the feeling that he guessed a lot of his decisions and based them mostly on player reactions rather than using his eyes.

I looked up who it was at half time as I didn't recognise him. Hopefully he will improve with experience, but he has a fair bit to do!

the ref. most are the same, are weak. card the keeper early and it will stop right there. also if a team wastes time all night they shouldn't benefit from that by getting longer to score., if the "footballing" side are ahead at 90 mins blow the whistle.

Can't believe some people still advocate reducing halves to 30 minutes if there's a separate timekeeper stopping the clock. The two things aren't linked.

A game is 45 minutes each way. If you reduce it to 30 minutes, you've simply saved the time-wasting teams the effort and reduced the playing time for them. It's a totally illogical thing to do.
Err, no. What you will have done by having 30min each way and stopping the clock when the ball isn't in play is take away their opportunity to cheat. How can you not see this as a good thing????

Err, no. What you will have done by having 30min each way and stopping the clock when the ball isn't in play is take away their opportunity to cheat. How can you not see this as a good thing????

Because the answer is not to fuck about with the rules of the game but to have the current rules properly adhered to. If the ref had booked Forster early as he was perfectly entitled to, it would have put an end to his shenanigans. All that is required is a directive to referees to get a grip on time-wasting.

There is nothing stopping refs adding on the right amount of time. The ref last night did it and Southampton suffered as a consequence. I genuinely don't think it's a big enough problem to radically change the whole nature of the game.

Because the answer is not to fuck about with the rules of the game but to have the current rules properly adhered to. If the ref had booked Forster early as he was perfectly entitled to, it would have put an end to his shenanigans. All that is required is a directive to referees to get a grip on time-wasting.

There is nothing stopping refs adding on the right amount of time. The ref last night did it and Southampton suffered as a consequence. I genuinely don't think it's a big enough problem to radically change the whole nature of the game.
Same here, book the keeper early is what they should do and what pgmol should be discussing. I agree, reducing it to 30 mins means we only get an hour to score instead of 90 mins, depends on what the clock is stopped for though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.