The BBC is not fit for purpose.

Like any big institution, it's very easy to criticize. But I actually think BBC does a great job, radio stations of all varietys, the iplayer is great and enjoy BBC tv.
You can tell it's balanced because both right wingers and lefties always complain that it isnt balanced

They are not a big orginization.The beeb is on it's backside.
The beeb talks shit and throws away licence payers money on hopeless projects and the beeb also condones peaodophilia.
The beeb attacks city supporters.I do not like them one little bit.

And when am I going to get my promised visit ehh you scurlious scalliwags
I have been waiting 18 years you . you orrible sausages
Independant and impartial my arse.
They are one of the most biased institutionalised orginizations known to mankind and every one knows it.

Eastenders is just cockney wankers having a rage at each other.
Value I don't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a fan of the BBC and can't wait to see the back of it. Forgive me I am just being grumpy because I don't like reality TV or constant soaps.

They are not a big orginization.The beeb is on it's backside.
The beeb talks shit and throws away licence payers money on hopeless projects and the beeb also condones peaodophilia.
The beeb attacks city supporters.I do not like them one little bit.

And when am I going to get my promised visit ehh you scurlious scalliwags
I have been waiting 18 years you . you orrible sausages
Independant and impartial my arse.
They are one of the most biased institutionalised orginizations known to mankind and every one knows it.

Eastenders is just cockney wankers having a rage at each other.
Value I don't think so.

is that a poem?

Once upon a time we used to get top sport. What do we get now? I've no fuckin' idea 'cos I watch as little as possible. I started to give up on them when 'their' news was littered with recently broadcast or upcoming BBC programmes.

And the number of digs at City we get from highly paid third rate tv/radio hacks is one of their constants.

I heard that one of the oft-used presenters was bemoaning the fact that they couldn't afford a drone for a particular shot. Well, keep Welsh Huw at home just once instead of charging off to the latest news spot for a three minute film and yer could buy one!

What I don't get is why the Beeb, and ITV, send someone to stand outside Downing street to comment on the latest
political shenanigans.
Why ffs?
It's not as if mother Teresa is going to nip out and say, 'I'm glad you called, let's discuss this, that or whatever.'
they could do their report from the studio just as well, without pointlessly standing in the pissing rain chatting shit
outside a door with No. 10 on it.

The beeb talks shit and throws away licence payers money on hopeless projects
Such as? And even so, a broadcaster needs to take creative risks. I bet you also complain about the turgid, middle-of-the-road crap that ITV churn out. I'd rather the BBC take a few risks and fail once in a while than produce an endless stream of shit. For every 'My Hero' there is a 'The Office'; for every 'Coming of Age' there is a 'Blackadder'; for every 'Mock the Week' there is a 'HIGNFY'; and so on.

the beeb also condones peaodophilia.
If that isn't a wind-up it's one of the most stupid things I've ever seen written about the BBC.

The beeb attacks city supporters.
No, the BBC as in institution does not attack City; certain individuals working for it do. Like any large broadcaster today, its proper journalists delegate the 'lesser' jobs down to interns and juniors - usually the digital and social media stuff. These interns and juniors tend to be from the local area. The BBC is now based in Salford, so therefore - and I'm sure you can work this out for yourself - those people writing the digital stuff are quite likely to be Utd fans. Remember when the BBC used to give City a lot of stick when it was based in London? No, me neither. As for pundits, again it's inevitable that they will come from the old 'Sky 4' because that's who the big players used to play for.

Eastenders is just cockney wankers having a rage at each other. Value I don't think so.
You don't like Eastenders. I don't like Eastenders. But an average of 4.5 million viewers per episode suggests that a lot of people do like it. That suggests value for money. There's something for everyone.

Is the BBC perfect? Of course not. Can it do things to improve? Certainly. But your critique strikes me as more ideological than logical or objective.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.