The beginning of the end for Political Correctness

bluealf said:
Thats the fella, cheers for that.

What thread did that go on ?

I did a search for mayor of doncaster and only the 2 came up.

How is he doing at the job now he has had 2 weeks ?

Not sure Alf, it was in my 'previous posts list'.

I'd be interested to see how many of his policies have been implemented beyond the headline thing about cutting his own wage, ditching the limo and cancelling the pride event, as he's been in situ since early June.

To be honest cutting his own wage is fine as I am sure he is independently wealthy.
The problem is it will probably be a barrier to anyone who isn't well off from going for the job in the future. I can't see a doctor, teacher solicitor or many others taking such a wage cut to do the job. In the end we will be restricted to the old and well off.
It is all well and good saying it should be a public service but do we want important jobs done on a charrity bassis?
Same for MPs really. It gets lost in the headlines about expence rip offs but many yake a huge paycut to become an MP.
I am sure some would love that to go back to being a "service to the public" but that who would you then get doing the job?

Prime Minister material!

At last, a politician that realises that he is voted by the people to do the people's will.

Not rocket science is it?

Ally.P said:
Not sure about the "I'm not green" bit.

Neither am i, alot of what he speaks is common sense but i wonder if he didn't start of the article with him taking a HUGE paycut would he of been labbeld a racist and a homophobic son of a woman?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Ally.P said:
Not sure about the "I'm not green" bit.

Neither am i, alot of what he speaks is common sense but i wonder if he didn't start of the article with him taking a HUGE paycut would he of been labbeld a racist and a homophobic son of a woman?

Only by the few that have an agenda imo.

The vast majority of the population are thinking exactly as this guy is.

People generally get what they deserve. No doubt tories will win the next election and then we can all sit and complain about how it's just like Thatchers Britain again and so the cycle continues.

No one wants to rebel, no one is willing to take to the streets, revolution is dead, free thinking is dead, democracy is an empty lie, we are living in the society of the spectacle and most people don't even know it.

TheMightyQuinn said:
People generally get what they deserve. No doubt tories will win the next election and then we can all sit and complain about how it's just like Thatchers Britain again and so the cycle continues.

No one wants to rebel, no one is willing to take to the streets, revolution is dead, free thinking is dead, democracy is an empty lie, we are living in the society of the spectacle and most people don't even know it.

Bravo...

TheMightyQuinn said:

I cannot remember the Brixton and Moss Side riots doing any good in the 80's.

Immaculate Pasta said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

I cannot remember the Brixton and Moss Side riots doing any good in the 80's.

Maybe, maybe not. There are plenty of other successful protests though throughout history. Although to be fair it would take a very violent one in this day and age to get people to turn the TV over from Big Brother on ice or strictly come x factor idol or whatever it is people watch,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.