The big clearout!

We nearly got past Monaco with key players out, and we could easily have beaten Chelsea and Arsenal in the last week. We've gone to the Emirates and Stamford Bridge and monopolised the football so we aren't that far off. If Jesus was in the team, we'd have probably won both games. And that's with a whole host of weaknesses which we are bound to address so this should give City fans great encouragement.
Sergio scored in both games so if Jesus did play no way would we have been certain to win.

Barca still interested in Nolito according to the Star on Sunday, if we could get the transfer fee back on him I'd be happy enough to see that happen, he's clearly out of favour and doesn't seem too happy.

Sergio scored in both games so if Jesus did play no way would we have been certain to win.
Hence the use of probably.

The single biggest feature of City's game is dominance of the ball allied to inability to get shots on target. Even in a very good win at Southampton, for the first hour it was the same old. With players like Silva and KDB on the books I put that down to the inability to find our men in the box. Maybe I am looking for an obvious single solution when there might be a lot more to it. I am expecting that when jesus returns and after 2-3 games getting up to speed again, City will carry a bigger goal threat. if that is not the answer, what do we do?

Players out of favour and seemingly not part of plans for next season:
Mangala - £15m
Nasri - £15m
Hart - £18m
Denayer - £5m
Bony - £12m

Players on loan with very positive resale value:
Zinchenko - £7m
P. Roberts - £10m
E. Unal - £8m

Players seemingly out of favour from present squad:
Nolito - £8m
Iheanacho - £9m
Fernando - £8m
Delph - £10m

Total value above is potentially £125m which could be raised. I have tried to be realistic with their values in order that they can be moved on.

I think we will spend £200m this summer. I am not advocating all the above players should leave. I do think we will need to buy another association trained homegrown player, otherwise Pep will have only Stones and Sterling leaving a squad of 19 players, unless he keeps Delph and iheanacho, or promotes Youth.

Mangala - £15m
Nasri - £15m
Hart - £18m
Denayer - £5m
Bony - £12m

Zinchenko - £7m
P. Roberts - £10m
E. Unal - £8m

Nolito - £8m
Iheanacho - £9m
Fernando - £8m
Delph - £10m

Total value above is potentially £125m which could be raised. I have tried to be realistic with their values in order that they can be moved on.

I think we will spend £200m this summer. I am not advocating all the above players should leave. I do think we will need to buy another association trained homegrown player, otherwise Pep will have only Stones and Sterling leaving a squad of 19 players, unless he keeps Delph and iheanacho, or promotes Youth.
Really strange timing for a list of out of favour players featuring Delph...

Mangala - £15m
Nasri - £15m
Hart - £18m
Denayer - £5m
Bony - £12m

Zinchenko - £7m
P. Roberts - £10m
E. Unal - £8m

Nolito - £8m
Iheanacho - £9m
Fernando - £8m
Delph - £10m

Sadly I think your fees are wildly unrealistic. These players will be on huge wages (which only a few clubs could afford) ruling out most suitors and any club purchasing from us will be aware we are desperate to sell to make room within the squad. We got 12 million for Tevez and 11 for Dzeko it's unlikely we will get similar figures for some of the players you have listed.

Really strange timing for a list of out of favour players featuring Delph...

Delph was linked with a move in January. Not sure whether he will leave, but not convinced Pep wants him either. Think Pep is undecided because City still need players with homegrown since Clichy is likely to leave on free and Hart not coming back seemingly.

Delph was linked with a move in January. Not sure whether he will leave, but not convinced Pep wants him either. Think Pep is undecided because City still need players with homegrown since Clichy is likely to leave on free and Hart not coming back seemingly.
We don't really, we have Maffeo, Garcia, Nacho, Gunn, Denayer all able to take squad places along with Stones and Sterling, that would give us our largest squad since possibly 09/10, if Delph is kept on it'll be because he's wanted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.