The BlueMoon Keep Fit Club

Mad Eyed Screamer

Took a sideways glance at myself when walking past a mirrored part of the changing rooms at the swimming pool today....... needless to say it is time to shed more than a few lbs....

So weighed myself at the pool and made a vow to lose 2 stone between now and my birthday in Feb (or even before Christmas.....
I did the same 2 years ago when running, and dropped 27 lbs but then got shin splints so was a little inactive and the lbs have crept back up as the beers sank fast....

So no alcohol until 10 lbs have been dropped, no bread, no crisps, cut back on the peanuts. Being a veggie I have no problem with what I eat during meals, it is the in between snacks and the beers at night.

I cycle to work 2 miles each way and go on bike rides during work, swim 3 / 4 times a week (but usually not swimming, just being in the pool, so that needs to change) and have access to a small gym where I live so I can pound away on a treadmill.

Anyone else want to join the BM Fit Club (registration is free for the next month!!!!) and see how much we can lose between now and Chrimbo / beyond?

Best of luck shedding that fat. When I started that last year I kickstarted it by using meal replacement twice a day (lunch and evening). Did that for a couple of months and quickly lost 10 kilo. After that I started training quite a lot - weights and triathlon - so now I have to eat a lot more obviously. Have lost about 20 kilo since I started and I'm in better shape than ever. Most important is cutting sugar.

No Bread

No Chips

No Chocolate

No Beer

No Cakes

No Pie

No Sugar

No Sweets

Five mile run before breakfast.

You'll be a miserable ****, but you'll definitely lose some weight.

No gain without pain.

Went for my usual run this morning although I decided to change it up. Instead of my usual semi-flat route I decided to try a route with a 230 ft elevation gain. That was fun.

So you're "skinny" but you have a belly... why the running then?
You need to target the abs.
You could be running and burning weight, not actual fat.
Break up what you're eating into smaller portions throughout the day.

Sure continue running but try and say run for 10mins, walk for a bit, then 10mins run, walk, break it up.
During the rest periods throw in some abdominal exercises.
Planks - Crunches - there's plenty which you don't need any equipment to do.

You could run a marathon everyday, if you're overloading your eating/drinking with shit and not targeting those specific fatty areas such as the abs you won't change shape, maybe just losing muscle on your arms/legs as you may lose "weight" or stay at the same weight.

So:

No big meals. 6 small meals. plenty of food plans online for free.
Breakfast > mid-morning > Lunch > Mid-Aft. > Dinner > Before Bed

alongside your food look into a supplement plan which will aide with recovery from exercise, help the food nutrients supplement the body and so on.

Buy some small food scales to weigh everything and stick to it.

I watched a show the other day on tv, this blonde woman was overweight, poor shape yet she would run all the time, she ran twice as fast and longer than I've ever done yet she had issues with her weight, proclaiming to never eat shit etc...

They put hidden cameras in her house and friends houses and followed her around, everyday she was overdosing on sugars/fatty foods and was like a machine constantly eating shit.
They placed all the food she had consumed throughout the week on a table for her to see and she didn't believe she had eat all this...

And she realised why she still had a fat ass, even though she had probably ran a marathon every week for the past year.

So you're "skinny" but you have a belly... why the running then?
You need to target the abs.
You could be running and burning weight, not actual fat.
Break up what you're eating into smaller portions throughout the day.

Sure continue running but try and say run for 10mins, walk for a bit, then 10mins run, walk, break it up.
During the rest periods throw in some abdominal exercises.
Planks - Crunches - there's plenty which you don't need any equipment to do.

You could run a marathon everyday, if you're overloading your eating/drinking with shit and not targeting those specific fatty areas such as the abs you won't change shape, maybe just losing muscle on your arms/legs as you may lose "weight" or stay at the same weight.

So:

No big meals. 6 small meals. plenty of food plans online for free.
Breakfast > mid-morning > Lunch > Mid-Aft. > Dinner > Before Bed

alongside your food look into a supplement plan which will aide with recovery from exercise, help the food nutrients supplement the body and so on.

Buy some small food scales to weigh everything and stick to it.

I watched a show the other day on tv, this blonde woman was overweight, poor shape yet she would run all the time, she ran twice as fast and longer than I've ever done yet she had issues with her weight, proclaiming to never eat shit etc...

They put hidden cameras in her house and friends houses and followed her around, everyday she was overdosing on sugars/fatty foods and was like a machine constantly eating shit.
They placed all the food she had consumed throughout the week on a table for her to see and she didn't believe she had eat all this...

And she realised why she still had a fat ass, even though she had probably ran a marathon every week for the past year.

I'm at work at the moment, when I get home, will get the beers and peanuts out and read through what you have written ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.