The Boxing thread

I'm away with the Mrs at present (to be fair wouldn't have tuned into it anyways as I still can't support top ranked fighters fighting folk who haven't worked their way through ranks of the sport), however the guy didn't even as much as flinch to put his hands up to a very large and telegraphed straight right from Joshua.

That IS dangerous................

I appreciate the skill they must have and the dedication they put in to learn the grappling but as someone who doesn’t understand what’s going on once grappling I just find it boring once they’re on the floor

It's 'boring' when two not very good grapplers are in contention.

It's TOTALLY different watching two high level athletes seeking the weakness in the other's wrestling that ends that that challenge/ competition quickly.

To ME, personally, it's like watching chess as one seeks to submit the other whilst the other tries to reverse the fortune or stalemate the action.

I think it's a brilliant watch!

Admittedly Ngannou is a champion athlete, I was specifically thinking of these you tuber twats who think they are as good as professional boxers. They might be as good as Tommy Fury who is a clown but the public will clamour for these dicks to come across proper boxers like I heard Paul has called out Canelo Alvarez. That will only end one way

Now THAT I agree with!

I’ve always thought Fury would beat AJ but my thoughts have now changed, I think AJ will beat him and I’m not a fan of AJ in the slightest.

I also used to think it was Joshua who was ducking Fury but it’s clear to see it’s the other way around, may seem controversial but just my thoughts on it.

Fury v Usyk is still a tough one too call purely because of the size difference, If Usyk was 6ft 6 I very much doubt anyone in this era could even compete with him because his skill set is far superior.

To be fair, Joshua wasn't anywhere near mentally ready for Fury. He got canned by Andy Ruiz, ffs!

Different ball game now.

In fairness, not sure you should judge him on beating someone who doesn't know how to box

That's a bit unfair on Ngannou. He has to know some boxing to compete and become a world champion in MMA. The name is MIXED martial art.

I studied last night with a friend earlier and we concluded that Ngannou actually reverted back to his natural MMA state, which is why he was so open when he got clocked after biting on feints.

His 'defence' was as in expecting other shots than a punch when the KO happened.

You can't unlearn almost 10 years of MMA in two fights no matter how much you back yourself.

It's impossible and I bought into that because of Ngannou's natural ferocious power.

It's 'boring' when two not very good grapplers are in contention.

It's TOTALLY different watching two high level athletes seeking the weakness in the other's wrestling that ends that that challenge/ competition quickly.

To ME, personally, it's like watching chess as one seeks to submit the other whilst the other tries to reverse the fortune or stalemate the action.

I think it's a brilliant watch!
Chess a brilliant watch ….do you enjoy watching paint dry?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.