The Boxing thread

Mayweather is going to dodge around jabbing him for a few rounds, maybe let McGregor hit him with a few flashy but painless punches just to make it last long enough so that people don't start moaning about wanting their money back. He could take him down in the first if he wanted but he's smart enough to know that does this farce no favours at all, like the David Haye/Audley Harrison farce.

You assume being a better boxer automatically means you could knock your opponent out anytime you wanted? He's not AJ for a start. It's Mayweather who has one KO this decade which was the farcical one vs Ortiz

I expect Mayweather will win comfortably but he can't just ko Mcgregor at any time that suits him

You assume being a better boxer automatically means you could knock your opponent out anytime you wanted? He's not AJ for a start. It's Mayweather who has one KO this decade which was the farcical one vs Ortiz

I expect Mayweather will win comfortably but he can't just ko Mcgregor at any time that suits him
If the gap in skill is as huge as it is between these two, yeah I reckon he could absolutely pummel him at will. Whether he can actually knock him out or just get the referee to stop it as it's so one sided a beating, not sure, but I think some people are seriously underestimating the skill level difference and what a huge impact that has. If Mayweather wants to put the pressure on and just keep hitting him, I really don't think McGregor has anything like enough boxing skill or nous to do anything to stop him.

I don't for a second think he will though as he's not that sort of fighter and knows it does this whole farce any good to do so.

Wonder what odds you'd get on McGregor throwing a kick at Mayweather.

If he does he apparently loses 60% of his purse. I can see him getting frustrated and to avoid total humiliation reverting to UFC favouring a disqualification as opposed to world stage embarrassment.

If he does he apparently loses 60% of his purse. I can see him getting frustrated and to avoid total humiliation reverting to UFC favouring a disqualification as opposed to world stage embarrassment.
Nah. He may play dirty, but he wont throw a kick, elbow or whatever. Especially considering hes just started mcgregor promotions or whatever its called. He'll never get anything sanctioned if he blatenly does something.
Hes expected to lose and hes expected to get smashed anyeay
If he makes it the distace, many people will see it as some sort of a win, and to be honest rightly so.

I'm wondering if he could dummy throw a low/body kick to make mayweather drop his hands, then straight left to the jaw. would that be classed as illegal? be funny as Fuck if it worked

I have been quiet on the Maywheater v McGregor fight. My thoughts going into the fight.
The fight being bad for boxing. Total bullshit if you ask me boxing legacy will go on and on and on. The greats of the ring will come and go and this fight will soon be forgotten sooner rather than later. As for people thinking Maywheater will ko McGregor i cant see it. He should win on points if anyone is winning by KO its McGregor. They are fighting in 8 ounce gloves. They will be huge on McGregors hands who is to say he will take many head shots. He now has a bigger guard than in MMA protecting his face. I honestly feel. Maywheater will go toe to toe with him for maybe 2 to 4 rounds and make it some what of a fight to watch. Then i wouldnt be shocked if he boxes the way Maywheater always fight which is negatively just waiting to counter punch McGregor. McGregor is on a win win situation here. With boxing I just wouldnt be shocked if Conor KOs Maywheater. Then it will be a huge result and what he does after it, he will truely have a lot of offers on the tables for a rematch or a fight with someone else in boxing. IF Conor loses he goes back and fights on the UFC and earns more money.

I have been quiet on the Maywheater v McGregor fight. My thoughts going into the fight.
The fight being bad for boxing. Total bullshit if you ask me boxing legacy will go on and on and on. The greats of the ring will come and go and this fight will soon be forgotten sooner rather than later. As for people thinking Maywheater will ko McGregor i cant see it. He should win on points if anyone is winning by KO its McGregor. They are fighting in 8 ounce gloves. They will be huge on McGregors hands who is to say he will take many head shots. He now has a bigger guard than in MMA protecting his face. I honestly feel. Maywheater will go toe to toe with him for maybe 2 to 4 rounds and make it some what of a fight to watch. Then i wouldnt be shocked if he boxes the way Maywheater always fight which is negatively just waiting to counter punch McGregor. McGregor is on a win win situation here. With boxing I just wouldnt be shocked if Conor KOs Maywheater. Then it will be a huge result and what he does after it, he will truely have a lot of offers on the tables for a rematch or a fight with someone else in boxing. IF Conor loses he goes back and fights on the UFC and earns more money.
Mayweather is the puncher in this fight. If anyone's getting Ko'd it's mcgregor and that's what I expect to happen tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.