The Boxing thread

Khan Hatton and cotto were natural light welters. Canelo’s used his clout to manipulate opponents into giving him weight advantages time and time again the Chavez one being the most blatant example

Khan Hatton and cotto were natural light welters. Canelo’s used his clout to manipulate opponents into giving him weight advantages time and time again the Chavez one being the most blatant example
Yet Canelo had to move up weight to fight at GGG's weight?
I watched the Chavez fight he was absolutely petrified and outclassed it was nothing to do with weight. The size difference was massive in that fight(it was the first thing the commentary picked up on and the reason I don't buy the assertions about Canelo fighting in the wrong weight class it was obvious immediately) how much of an advantage should Canelo give up before he gets any credit?

Again you're not getting it, how easy it is to nit pic every fighters career, even GGG's himself, I don't even believe the points I raised against GGG but they ones you could make if you really wanted to "why hasn't he accepted Wards call out" and so on it's nonsense just like the ones levelled at Canelo.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree as we might as well have done from the start.

Last edited:
Come off it man, Chavez was a notorious lardass after the Martinez fight and regularly struggled to make 168 and so Canelo makes him boil down to 164. He looked like a skeleton at the weigh in

Anyway it’s too late to go back and forth we’ll agree to disagree

Enjoy the fight

If you think Canelo should be fighting at 168(that's Light cruiserweight and I thought the ones who were claiming he should have been at 160 were reaching) I want to know what you're smoking, he may have been drained but he dwarfed him in there "look at their backs there's a massive size difference" was one of the first comments out of the commentators mouths. You're clearly not looking at it objectively, it's like I said how much an advantage is fair for him to give up?... At 168 that would be even more unfair than being weight drained at 164. Most people noticed the difference in size when GGG first stepped in the ring when the first fight was announced(that isn't his weightclass for his fighting weight, no way imo).

Anyway you're right lets leave it there can't disagree more on the Chavez thing but everyone has their opinions.

What's on the BT sports stream at present? Is it a replay of the last fight while we wait or do I have a duff stream?

Edit: Ah yes it's the right stream.

Last edited:
I still have GGG winning this, rightly or wrongly he's been put through the ringer since the first fight and it will probably show during the fight.

Any chance of a link please, got up to watch and am struggling to find anything on usual source.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.