The Boxing thread

Quality you think Joshua is in the same bracket as Fury. You go on like Joshua has beaten all the top boys. Like who?? A old Klitschko, A shit Charles Martin, A shit Dylian Whyte, Eric Molina?? Stop going on like Pulev is something special fuck me, Klitschko put him on his ass about 6 times in 5 rounds. Wilder would KO Joshua, Fury would toy with Joshua wouldn't even be a contest.
Sooner the better this fight happens to set the record straight on Joshua on how far off he is from Fury.

I'd like to see a Wilder Joshua fight, and like you I reckon Wilder would win that fight.

Quality you think Joshua is in the same bracket as Fury. You go on like Joshua has beaten all the top boys. Like who?? A old Klitschko, A shit Charles Martin, A shit Dylian Whyte, Eric Molina?? Stop going on like Pulev is something special fuck me, Klitschko put him on his ass about 6 times in 5 rounds. Wilder would KO Joshua, Fury would toy with Joshua wouldn't even be a contest.
Sooner the better this fight happens to set the record straight on Joshua on how far off he is from Fury.
Well even at his age AJ has a better resume than Fury. Whether you like it or not he is in the same bracket as Fury even though I’ve already said I think Fury wins. I’m sure the £100m will cheer AJ up though, not bad for a dealer who will get knocked out by every opponent he faces according to the armchair experts.

Well even at his age AJ has a better resume than Fury. Whether you like it or not he is in the same bracket as Fury even though I’ve already said I think Fury wins. I’m sure the £100m will cheer AJ up though, not bad for a dealer who will get knocked out by every opponent he faces according to the armchair experts.
Nothing on AJ's resume tops going to Germany and beating Klitschko, or going to America and out classing Wilder.

Nothing on AJ's resume tops going to Germany and beating Klitschko, or going to America and out classing Wilder.
No but the number of top level opponents especially when compared with the age and experience of Fury favors Joshua.

I don’t have anything against Fury and I’ve wanted him to win every fight he’s ever been in but there’s just no need for the shit that Joshua gets.

No but the number of top level opponents especially when compared with the age and experience of Fury favors Joshua.

I don’t have anything against Fury and I’ve wanted him to win every fight he’s ever been in but there’s just no need for the shit that Joshua gets.

I agree with you about the shit AJ seems to get on here. But, AJ's resume is no way better than Fury's at all.

You also forget that AJ was getting beat off Wlad. His power and youthfulness bailed him out. Wlad was winning that fight though and AJ did not have a clue. Fury went to Germany and made a mockery of Wlad. Wlad could not get anywhere near Fury and had no idea what to do. He was well beaten.

I agree with you about the shit AJ seems to get on here. But, AJ's resume is no way better than Fury's at all.

You also forget that AJ was getting beat off Wlad. His power and youthfulness bailed him out. Wlad was winning that fight though and AJ did not have a clue. Fury went to Germany and made a mockery of Wlad. Wlad could not get anywhere near Fury and had no idea what to do. He was well beaten.
Well AJ was up 3 rounds on one scorecard and 2 up on another in the 11th round. Didn’t need the scorecards though because he obliterated Klitschko with a punch Fury could only dream of. Let’s hope he lands one on Tyson too although it’s debatable who has more power between Joshua and Steve Cunningham.

I've read a lot of shit in the last few pages regarding Joshua. He's not fought in a while and he's stripped back his boxing and rebuilt it.

Even for the clowns on here disparaging him, that should be clear to see.

before now, Joshua would have tried to take the punches in order to get his own in, but have the consequences of that action to deal with. This Anthony Joshua version has been rebuilt to deal with fighters like Tyson Fury. He moved his feet and head well, evading most of the heavy shots thrown by Pulev.

When you take into account Fury doesn't have the same power nor fights head movers that well, then this contest will be closer than anyone expects. The same could be said for Wilder, who needs a stationery target AND time to take his opponent out.

It was important Joshua could learn from his past errors and he's almost there.

I've read a lot of shit in the last few pages regarding Joshua. He's not fought in a while and he's stripped back his boxing and rebuilt it.

Even for the clowns on here disparaging him, that should be clear to see.

before now, Joshua would have tried to take the punches in order to get his own in, but have the consequences of that action to deal with. This Anthony Joshua version has been rebuilt to deal with fighters like Tyson Fury. He moved his feet and head well, evading most of the heavy shots thrown by Pulev.

When you take into account Fury doesn't have the same power nor fights head movers that well, then this contest will be closer than anyone expects. The same could be said for Wilder, who needs a stationery target AND time to take his opponent out.

It was important Joshua could learn from his past errors and he's almost there.
Bunce said as much on his podcast. All the old cliches of Joshua being a static plodder are a bit outdated after his last two fights. He’s done so much work and is a much better all round boxer than the guy that won the titles a few years back. He’s smarter too. Right now I think Fury will win because I think he is very special and has the chance to go down as the greatest British hw of all time. But Joshua will clip Fury more and more often and even though he might not have the one punch power of Wilder if he hits him with those uppercuts they’re gonna wear Fury down. It’s easy to forget that Fury was 1 second away from boxing abyss after that first fight. He’s not invincible.

Bunce said as much on his podcast. All the old cliches of Joshua being a static plodder are a bit outdated after his last two fights. He’s done so much work and is a much better all round boxer than the guy that won the titles a few years back. He’s smarter too. Right now I think Fury will win because I think he is very special and has the chance to go down as the greatest British hw of all time. But Joshua will clip Fury more and more often and even though he might not have the one punch power of Wilder if he hits him with those uppercuts they’re gonna wear Fury down. It’s easy to forget that Fury was 1 second away from boxing abyss after that first fight. He’s not invincible.
Indeed.

The old Joshua would have purely head hunted. I suspect that will not be the game plan, especially as Fury likes to cover up on the ropes as he takes breathers.

Funny one last night really I can't make my mind up if it was a faultless performance or an underwhelming beating of a clearly inferior opponent that was rescued by the way it ended. Against that opponent, overall AJ did look good. Looked sharp, boxed nicely at times The jab was sharp. When he put his foot down Pulev couldn't compete with him and Pulev has been in and around the top 10 for a long time so he's not a bum, and AJ did look on another level to him. I just think the stopage could have been forced 3 or 4 rounds earlier than when it came. I don't necessarily think banking the extra rounds would have done AJ any good purely because next time he will be in a completely different fight against a completely different proposition in Fury (assuming the fight gets made). So a few extra rounds of controlling a smaller, slower guy with his jab won't benefit him in the slightest when coming up against Fury. Does securing that stoppage in round 9 make the same statement as it could have done had he got him out of there in 3 or 4 I'm not sure. I heard Peter Fury last night remark on how hesitant AJ seemed to be in really going in for the kill, and Dillian Whyte said he looked caught a little between 2 styles. Both assessments I agree with, and neither of those eventualities will work out well for him in a Fury fight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.