The Boxing thread

Bellew did well to win that fight but to come out afterwards and call out the former undisputed cruiserweight champion in the way that he did showed for me the disrespect that Eddie Hearn fighters seem to have for anyone from any other promoter. I would love Haye to drop down and fight him as a one off because he would spark him very early and regain some of the respect that he should never have lost being a two weight world champion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with above, but for one error. Hate was never the undisputed champion as often claimed. It is a mistruth, the truth is there was a certain Steve Cunningham he never fought who iirc was the IBF champion.

The proliferation of titles is why we have so many champions. We dont have a single fighter who is deemed the lineal champion, been that way since Hatton at LWW and Calzaghe at SMW, maybe Haye at CW*

Post below goes into more detail

Isnt Fury a lineal champion?? Also Haye was a lineal champ before moving up to heavy but as you say not undisputed.

The Matchroom fighters will always think they are the best thing ever. It is like they got a idea in there heads as they fight on Sky and they hype Sky builds up the fights and claiming that they are World Class fighters they believe it themselves and the lack of respect between all promotors at times can be bad. The Frampton v Quigg fight was full of kids stuff from the promotors trainers and fighters more so Matchroom thinking they were the best of the lot. I also feel it depends on the fighter themselves. I rate a lot of British fighters. Feel some have a lot to give and could well go on to win double the world titles. I also feel that UK could well have a lineal champion in the making sooner rather than later. Also is Fury not classed as being lineal champion already?? I think the next 1 to go all the way and be lineal champion would be Jamie McDonald or maybe Terry Flanagan. Also Callum Smith looks likely to do it too.

The Matchroom fighters will always think they are the best thing ever. It is like they got a idea in there heads as they fight on Sky and they hype Sky builds up the fights and claiming that they are World Class fighters they believe it themselves and the lack of respect between all promotors at times can be bad. The Frampton v Quigg fight was full of kids stuff from the promotors trainers and fighters more so Matchroom thinking they were the best of the lot. I also feel it depends on the fighter themselves. I rate a lot of British fighters. Feel some have a lot to give and could well go on to win double the world titles. I also feel that UK could well have a lineal champion in the making sooner rather than later. Also is Fury not classed as being lineal champion already?? I think the next 1 to go all the way and be lineal champion would be Jamie McDonald or maybe Terry Flanagan. Also Callum Smith looks likely to do it too.

As no one beat Lewis it ended there. Since then no one has held both the old WBA and WBC titles so it has never really been undisputed to start again.

Isnt Fury a lineal champion?? Also Haye was a lineal champ before moving up to heavy but as you say not undisputed.

Technically speaking Fury is, but once he beats Wlad in the rematch to set it in stone.

Haye was lineal as he had most belts, but to be undisputed you have to have the belts. Cunningham wasnt just some title holder, he was a legit champion. He was far superior than Mormeck and Maccarinelli.

For Fury to be undisputed he needs to beat Wilder after Wlad. I dont classify Joshua as a champion. Joshua was basically handed a fight for a vacant title that was stolen from Fury for simply taking a mandatory fight following the stipulations made by Wlad in the run up to their first fight. Fury had no way of backing out of that agreement without being sued for millions and millions, and by rughts Wlad is the second best fighter in HW anyway so it made sense for that fight regardless. Joshua for me a no1 opponent for Wilder or winner of the Fury v Wlad rematch. But strictly speaking Fury need only beat Wilder for the WBC and he is undisputed.

Politicw are killing this sport. I am 28, watched since I can first remember my memories. But never have I felt so genuinely pushed out as a fan. Canelo fights a blown up LWW at MW for a WBC strap, Golovkin is there and waiting and mandatory and Canelo walks from the belt. Pointless.

Its like having a Champions League where the finalists dont play one another. Our leagues have a champion, Leicester, Juve, PSG, Bayern and Barca etc. But in boxing, nit only are there too many versions of a world title, but then there are bastardised versions of that title i.e Interim Champion, Ordinary Champion, Silver Champion etc. Its a fucking mess.

Technically speaking Fury is, but once he beats Wlad in the rematch to set it in stone.

Haye was lineal as he had most belts, but to be undisputed you have to have the belts. Cunningham wasnt just some title holder, he was a legit champion. He was far superior than Mormeck and Maccarinelli.

For Fury to be undisputed he needs to beat Wilder after Wlad. I dont classify Joshua as a champion. Joshua was basically handed a fight for a vacant title that was stolen from Fury for simply taking a mandatory fight following the stipulations made by Wlad in the run up to their first fight. Fury had no way of backing out of that agreement without being sued for millions and millions, and by rughts Wlad is the second best fighter in HW anyway so it made sense for that fight regardless. Joshua for me a no1 opponent for Wilder or winner of the Fury v Wlad rematch. But strictly speaking Fury need only beat Wilder for the WBC and he is undisputed.

Politicw are killing this sport. I am 28, watched since I can first remember my memories. But never have I felt so genuinely pushed out as a fan. Canelo fights a blown up LWW at MW for a WBC strap, Golovkin is there and waiting and mandatory and Canelo walks from the belt. Pointless.

Its like having a Champions League where the finalists dont play one another. Our leagues have a champion, Leicester, Juve, PSG, Bayern and Barca etc. But in boxing, nit only are there too many versions of a world title, but then there are bastardised versions of that title i.e Interim Champion, Ordinary Champion, Silver Champion etc. Its a fucking mess.

You got the WBA to thank for that but they are doing something about that in some areas. In the Super Bamtamweight they are doing a tournament to have 1 champion. So Rigondeaux will fight Jazza Dicken or Jamie McDonald then the winner of that fights the winner of Flores v Ambunda. Then the winner of those 2 fights then fight the winner of Cermeno v Xiao then you got your World Champion number 1 Super Bamtamweight in the WBA. I feel sorry for Rigo as he is the Super Champion and should only have the 1 fight not 2 fights he has to do.

Bellew is just stereotypical scouser
Fate, Destiny, for my kids, fighting is all I know and all the other sentimental bollocks they come out with, they just think they are centre of universe and they know and are the best
Not knocking the performance it's the shite that comes out the mouth I will never be able to stand and why I can't fully get behind him
Have you ever seen anything like this ? He said in the ring pointing to a Goodison park with empty stands ???
He beat a bloke with 20 fights 1 loss who nobody had ever fucking heard of and he's making out its a real Rocky story
Get fucked

Bellew is just stereotypical scouser
Fate, Destiny, for my kids, fighting is all I know and all the other sentimental bollocks they come out with, they just think they are centre of universe and they know and are the best
Not knocking the performance it's the shite that comes out the mouth I will never be able to stand and why I can't fully get behind him
Have you ever seen anything like this ? He said in the ring pointing to a Goodison park with empty stands ???
He beat a bloke with 20 fights 1 loss who nobody had ever fucking heard of and he's making out its a real Rocky story
Get fucked

The thing is if you watched the Burns fight the night before you see Ricky in a make or break fight and winning his world title and he was so calm and his interview he was great compaired with Bellew and his antics complete opposite. I also think thats the way you got to sell tickets at times if you aint got the best boxer in the world and your a mouthy fuck like Bellew you will sell more tickets than Burns who is going under the radar a 3 weight World Champion now. Yet everything is about Bellew. Not many British fighters are 3 weight World Champions so thats some doing by Burns.

Agree with above, but for one error. Hate was never the undisputed champion as often claimed. It is a mistruth, the truth is there was a certain Steve Cunningham he never fought who iirc was the IBF champion.

You're right, undisputed was wrong word to use. Should have said unified after he beat Maccarinelli.

I can't see any way that Eddie Hearn will put Bellew in with Haye because in my opinion Haye would have him KO'd within 3 rounds!!

The thing is if you watched the Burns fight the night before you see Ricky in a make or break fight and winning his world title and he was so calm and his interview he was great compaired with Bellew and his antics complete opposite. I also think thats the way you got to sell tickets at times if you aint got the best boxer in the world and your a mouthy fuck like Bellew you will sell more tickets than Burns who is going under the radar a 3 weight World Champion now. Yet everything is about Bellew. Not many British fighters are 3 weight World Champions so thats some doing by Burns.

Agree completely about Burns, it was a massive achievement considering where his career had looked to be going over the last couple of years but, like you say, it is now all about the mouthy one which has probably got more to do with where he is from than anything else. It wouldn't be a new thing for scousers to go way over the top!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.