The Cockney Blues Are Coming

We are getting 55k right now, probably 90% of which are local fans. As a club the size of ours that's probably about our limit right now. It's inevitable we will get more and more tourists. That's what we want isn't it, global recognition? Well that in turn attracts global fans. That's how we become bigger.

thats what the club want yes. global recognition is good, but I'm more on about our match going fan base. i dont want the ground to end up like united with all the locals sat in the pub and the ground filled with tourists. the people of manchester should be able to go to the game ( on about pricing ). if they are genuine fans I've got no problem, but clubs like liverpool, united now chelsea have completely lost that local core fan base at games, it would be awful if we did too as our core fan base is unique to us and makes us the club that we are.

Woke up in London the morning after the final and nipped out of the hotel to buy the papers, The Sun and The Mirror ( both London editions )

City had taken out half page adverts in both papers in bold Sky Blue advertising tickets to the remaining home games at the Etihad.

I know we need to grow but this is everything I hated about our scumbag neighbours.

So in 10 to 15 years time we will have gobby Cockneys picking off rival fans on Wembley way when we are playing there ?

CAM ON YOU FACKIN BLUES

The glory hunting plastics are on their way !

I lived in London 15 years. There are loads of blues darn sarf. Before anyone starts i was brought up in Stockport & lived in Burnage & Withington. They're just adverts. A lot of London blues travel up to games at weekends.

thats what the club want yes. global recognition is good, but I'm more on about our match going fan base. i dont want the ground to end up like united with all the locals sat in the pub and the ground filled with tourists. the people of manchester should be able to go to the game ( on about pricing ). if they are genuine fans I've got no problem, but clubs like liverpool, united now chelsea have completely lost that local core fan base at games, it would be awful if we did too as our core fan base is unique to us and makes us the club that we are.
It does, but the other side of the coin is people constantly complaining we don't get the fair coverage the other clubs get. You can't have one without the other, not when we want to be as big as those other clubs if not bigger. The Stadium is ans will continue or be big enough to cater for the support we have now and for the onedayers and tourists. As you say though that is about pricing, too.

Anywhere south of Cheshire is in France to me. Taking our women, jobs and now our club. You watch, soon they will be selling snail butties and frogleg pies. The two guys who sit next to me at the game Abdul and Chou Min think its going to far as well.

if we end up like united with a ground full of arrogant glory hunting cockneys/southeners then that would be terrible. Locals should imo be the core match going fan base like it has always been.the key to that is pricing, keep it affordable for all us poor northern people.
I live on the south coast and most of you lot have far more money than I !
(probably as I am spending it all on travel to get to games!)

I'm originally from Kent, I've been supporting City (or as you'd like me to me say Cit'eeee) since 1970 .. spent 30 years traveling to home & away games along with countless fellow suvverners from London, Kent, Essex, Surrey and all points south. We've been here all the time.

3yrs ago I moved up 'ere bringing my "cockney" accent wiv me!!! What took me 4hrs now takes me 40mins (on a good day that is).

Same here, I've been supporting City since the days of Bell & Summerbee & was born in Kent. I married a Lancashire lass & have been a regular at Maine Road & Etihad. There always have been blues from all around the country

And where I come from, it's a roll if it's dome-shaped, or a bap if it's flat.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.