The Conservative Party/Government

What would you suggest for those refusing several job offers?

If

• you refuse a reasonable job offer then your benefits can be stopped.
  • you are not doing enough to look for work then your benefits can be stopped.
  • you’re late for appointments or interviews then your benefits can be stopped.
  • you don’t turn up to a meeting at the Jobcentre then your benefits can be stopped.
  • you don’t take part in an employment or training scheme then your benefits can be stopped.

in fact ... if you miss a phone call from the job centre then your benefits can be reduced or stopped (until recently the number was withheld so you couldn't even tell that the Job Centre were calling you)

Please stop reading the Daily Mail / Express...... being unemployed in the UK is NOT an easy ride.

PMQs plunges deeper and deeper into complete pointlessness each week.

"How are you going to fund pensions and the NHS if you abolish National Insurance?" seems like a pretty reasonable question to ask of a Primer Minister.

His response: "Yeah but Labour this, Labour that..."

Just fuck off Sunak, you ****.
Whilst Labour can’t put forward any policy as they‘re immediately stolen by the Tories.

If

• you don’t turn up to a meeting at the Jobcentre then your benefits can be stopped.
  • you don’t take part in an employment or training scheme then your benefits can be stopped.

in fact ... if you miss a phone call from the job centre then your benefits can be reduced or stopped (until recently the number was withheld so you couldn't even tell that the Job Centre were calling you)

Please stop reading the Daily Mail / Express...... being unemployed in the UK is NOT an easy ride.
I'm sure it's not mate and I don't pretend to understand what it would be like.

Of all your bullet points, I would say all but the first are not on, but the first, assuming you are capable (physically, mentally and geographically) to undertake the reasonable job, then I think challenge is fair enough.

How big this issue is though, I have no knowledge

If

Most people on benefits are already working.

PMQs plunges deeper and deeper into complete pointlessness each week.

"How are you going to fund pensions and the NHS if you abolish National Insurance?" seems like a pretty reasonable question to ask of a Primer Minister.

His response: "Yeah but Labour this, Labour that..."

Just fuck off Sunak, you ****.
I'd love politicians to answer the actual question but they all seem to have been on a question deflection master course. And that's all politicians not just Tories.

I think you hve made a huge assumption that those refusing work are unable to work on medical grounds. Clearly, the armed forces do not take individuals who are medically unfit.

What about those refusing jobs, who are physically and mentally able to work but choose not to?
Is there anything to suggest the military would want such conscripts?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.